Kingower: Mother of all nuggets

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was doing some research on a site that i wont mention, and found out that we have been duped into thinking the welcome stranger was the largest nugget ever found. The "Napier Nugget" was said to be 147pounds 4 ozs in weight. That`s 2280 troy ozs and is said to have been 'within an eighth of a carat from pure gold'. This is from a historical paper so i`m pretty sure its accurate, how did this get lost in time?
If it`s true then kingower is without doubt the mother of all monsters with at least 4 nuggets larger than 800ozs (2 being bigger than 1500ozs) , man does it get the blood boiling for all who are mad for the shiny stuff( me being the maddest).
If after reading this your ready to head off to kingower ,the "Napier" is said to have been found at 14 feet and i`m pretty sure that most other monsters were found at a similar depth except for the "Hand of Faith" of course.
Anyhow, just thought i`d put that up here after being surprised by what i read.
Good luck out there!!! :cool:

Welcome stranger was poking out the dirt :D But either or either would do me .................... no complaints at all ;)

A quick correction, just realised i added it up incorrectly, about 120ozs too much, nevertheless it is the 3rd largest lump ever found and one i`ve never heard of until reading about it just a few hours ago. :eek:

ironrock said:
...If it`s true then kingower is without doubt the mother of all monsters with at least 4 nuggets larger than 800ozs (2 being bigger than 1500ozs) , man does it get the blood boiling for all who are mad for the shiny stuff( me being the maddest).
If after reading this your ready to head off to kingower ,the "Napier" is said to have been found at 14 feet and i`m pretty sure that most other monsters were found at a similar depth except for the "Hand of Faith" of course.

I'd love to buy and remove all of the vineyards at Kingower - who knows what monsters are lurking under those darned grapes!
:eek:

What do ya reckon 'Grubstake" will sneak in a few D9`s thru the night, by morning we will be rolling in it, and the owner will be scratching his or her head wondering WTF just happened? Ha Ha Ha.
It kills you to know that some of the best ground is covered by farming, townships etc, i guess we can always dream!!!

Better still , how about we get a gang going, you know the type of gang that digs secrets tunnels like from some of the prisoners did during some of the wars. We could plot our course with gps`s , sneak under the vineyards, steal all the gold and no one would be the wiser. When the grower go`s to plough his field and the ground collapse`s beneath him, he or she will think one of the sink holes appeared and would never catch on. Any takers? :) :lol: :lol:

The Hand of Faith is the Largest found with a Metal Detector, So the others don't count unless I trip over one then I will allow it,

I have spoken, So it be Done. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John.

Latest posts