I've got the gold fever

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone thought I'd introduce myself.
I've been looking at this forum for about 9 months now. Maybe longer so thought I'd register finally :D
I've been prospecting for a little while now, finding good color on most trips so far. Finding my first nugget 2nd time going definently gave me the fever hahaha. After a lot of research we now have the highbanker catching everything from super fine fly poo's to little nuggets. We travel from Wollongong nsw each trip
Some places include oallen ford a few times now. Tuena and yet to go but very keen on grabben gullen. If any of you have any details or general chit chat on gg it would be much appreciated. Oh and love the forum. I've learnt so many little things jus scrolling through. Great work keep it up.
Cheers D-man 86

Hi D-man.
Welcome to PA. 9 months is a long while to be looking around ;) I'm glad you decided to join in the conversations.
I've only been to GG once so can't help you out much there.

Cheers

Ramjet

Welcome to the forum D-man. Great to hear that you're well on the way to filling that jar with gold mate. You're banker seems well tuned if you're picking up that Oallen Forde flour, and should do quite well at Grabben Gullen.

Hope that being a PA member will enhance your interest in the hobby and look forward to chatting amongst the threads. If there's any information you may need, feel free to put it to your fellow members and I'm sure some positive responses will follow.

All the very best of luck out there and look forward to catching up on a stream some day.

Cheers Wal.

Yeah we picked up the high banker nice n cheap but didn't like the setup so we tore it apart n rebuilt it...
Got expanded mesh over the top of minors moss with v-ripple underdeath. And a few riffles. Wasn't cheap but I was very surprised and happy to see visible (fly poo) in the v-ripple on every clean up... I've watched a fair few of your vids wal. Very educational. Got most my tips off this forum. With sapphires should I turn my riffles backward??? To catch more. Or will It be alright as is? I know a lot is trial and error. But any tips would be muchly appreciated. As I'm keen as a bean to find the little beautys haha... I hope to catch up on the creek sometime for a chat. Cheers d-man

Im the opposite. I just found the website and registered immediately, but I've got months of reading ahead of me before I get out there.

Latest posts