Hi from Snowy Mountains NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Have always been keen on thought of prospecting, and now am taking the plunge. Received a touch of the bug when first found opal fossicking around lightning ridge many years ago.

I enjoy 4WDriving, love the Vic High Country.

Do not own a detector yet. New minelab 7000 looks interesting. Expensive way to jump in, but could be shorter learning curve than the 5000 and help put odds in my favour.

Will spend some time in Vic then possibly across to WA mid year.

Can't wait, know have MUCH to learn (technique, geology, legalities, etc...).

Aussie outdoors, exercise, hard work, patience and potential for finding the hidden rocks is something I will enjoy. Just the beginning of a long adventure.

BTW: Thanks for all the great info on this forum!!!

Cheers,
J

Welcome Winterwood,
Great hobby to get into and there are lots of knowledgeable people here to help you out and if price isn't a problem the new minelab 7000 might be the go for a first detector if it's similar to the sec 2300.
Ps One day I'll have to go up to the Vic High Country I've had work mates that have gone through with 4wds and on bikes, great scenery. :)

Welcome Winterwood,
I'm sure you will enjoy this forum.
Members are very supportive of us newbies and as others have said there is a wealth of information and reading.
Like you I am a newbie and I'm doing a tag along tour in WA in a few months hoping to accelerate my learning.

G'day WW , lovely part of the world you come from , I jumped straight in with an SDC for the reason of not having to be an expert with settings and has helped me I reckon , I hope you enjoy your new hobby as much as I do , good luck

Howdy WW. Good luck and hope you find lots. If you want some areas near you (Snowy Mountains) give me a bell. Also give me a bell when you go over to the West. Heading to WA via VIC next month.

Latest posts