GSNSW Data Warehouse

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is for anyone who uses the GSNSW Data Warehouse google earth overlay. This site is being retired on the 31st of July and will no longer be available, they will keep the KML files available though for users who like to use it.

The new government site is Minview, I've been having a look through this this morning and it has very extensive deposit, geological maps, field reports, surface sampling, drill samples, reports, property title and mining title boundaries, national parks, state forests too.

It's very well set out and has even more extensive info than the google earth overlay.

Here's the link.
https://minview.geoscience.nsw.gov.au/#/?bm=bm1&z=5&lat=157.082836590625&lon=-36.46203638700655

It also seems if you get all the layers on it you usually use you can then bookmark the page, then next time you open the bookmark all the same layers are intact, which is pretty good. :Y: :Y:

I'll leave this thread here for a couple of days before moving it to the Gold Maps and Resources section.

Many thanks for the heads-up on GSNSW Heatho,I just about live on that site, the new Minview sounds interesting, will take a look soon.
Cheers, SinHof.

No worries mate, there is a lot more data on Minview but not as easy to navigate, it is better in some ways such as you can search for individual types of gemstones, but a bit more complicated. I'm sure you'll take to it like a duck to water though. :) :Y:

Thanks for that Heatho

Been using Minview for a while but since they upgraded it I'm having trouble with it loading. Had been using GSNSW as well. Both great sites.

Cheers
Mick

Minview site not loading today.

Anyone else able to try and let us know if you have same issue.
I am getting a black screen with Minview is loading message. It doesn't oad though.

thanks
Neil

I find it can take a while to load, and will sometimes timeout if you move too quickly. I guess it could depend on net connection speeds and peak hour traffic etc?
I have been able to get it go work on my phone at times too.