Gold Exploration training

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Here is a training course for any budding exploration geos out there.

This course will provide field-based training to allow the participant to begin exploration for porphyry Cu-Au deposits. It will be run in the Orange area NSW, mapping field exposures and drill core from the Cargo and Copper Hill exploration projects, and drill core from the Cadia-Rideway porphry Cu-Au deposit. Mapping will emphasise the identification of porphyry veins styles, altera- tion styles, mineralisation, structure and lithologic variations. Introductory lectures will include: the staged evolution of porphyry systems including the role of alteration, structure and breccias, moving on to the exploration environment including the erosion level above an ore zone.

Cost: $2500 (+GST) per person for AIG members, $2750 (+GST) per person for non-AIG members, and a limited number of places will be reserved for graduate and unemployed geologists at $1000 (+GST) per person. Fees includes accommodation, bus travel, meals and field equipment.

Places: Limited to 25
Instructors: Dr Greg Corbett and Doug Menzies.
Duration: 15-21 November 2013 with 5 days of field work (field days might be substituted for lectures in really bad weather). The agenda is as follows:
Day 1 - arrive by midday with an afternoon of lectures and preparation.
Day 2 - Cargo porphyry Cu prospect - 1:500 scale mapping.
Day 3 - Cargo porphyry Cu prospect - log a core from a drill section.
Day 4 - Copper Hill - mapping pit at 1:500 and log drill core.
Day 5 - Ridgeway Porphyry Cu-Au deposit - Log a cross section of drill core.
Day 6 Wrap-up day of map and report compilation.
Day 7 Depart.

Evening Lectures might include (1-2 hrs):
Porphyry Cu-Au genetic models.
GIS 3D porphyry signatures.
Geophysical signatures of porphyry Cu deposits.
Porphyry deposit case studies.
For further information email: 'email address removed'
Please note that CMC reserves the right to cancel this event should minimum attendance numbers not be met by the 15 October, 2013

DD

Send me a PM if you require the email address.

I know mate it sounds really good but I won't be back in time unfortunately.
They sent this to me because I'm a member of the Geoscience Society.
$1000 is pretty cheap considering it includes accomodation and meals for the week aswell as high quality training.

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts