Gold detecting relics wanted for photography project

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
My son is in his final year at Photography Studies College (PSC) Melbourne. He is planning to make a photo book as one of his assignments based on items found while gold detecting, relic hunting and prospecting. I have a few items for him to use but unfortunately I have thrown away many of the artefacts I have found.
We are hoping PA members would like their relics professionaly photographed and included in the book. We would appreciate a brief description of the item and where and how it was found. This description may be included in the book. Your name, if you like, will be published in recognition as the finder of the item. You will also receive a copy of the photo. We are happy to pay for your sending and our return postage costs, within reason. Items of varying condition will considered.
If you'd like to help us out please PM me with details of your item and we'll discuss suitability and postage costs. A snap shot of it would also be appreciated to further help assess suitability of the item. We'll only want one of an item and will run a list of items being included in the book so we don't waste people's time.
The final edit of the book will be finalized in November at which time we'llnotify what photos are included. Regardless of whether your photo makes it in to the book you will receive a copy of your image.
I've provided a 7g nugget, 1850's English Cricketers bronze belt buckle, a 1860's silver coin (though well worn), nice looking iron stone rock with quartz vein.
Hope you can help.
Cheers Dig'n-it

G'day Dig'n-it I'm happy to help I have a double pick which is rare so I'm told. Still in its natural state (un-cleaned) I'll research it a bit more and pm you. Sounds like a great project :Y:.

RM Outback said:
G'day Dig'n-it I'm happy to help I have a double pick which is rare so I'm told. Still in its natural state (un-cleaned) I'll research it a bit more and pm you. Sounds like a great project :Y:.
Great RM. I look forward to your PM. Cheers :Y:

I hardly find worthy 'relics' where i hunt, but i have unearthed two olde time 'cordial' bottles that were made in one of the many Bendigo factories...their both from the same Co.... W.Bruce & Sons (he musta liked that drop eh...) found side by side, but the patterns are slightly different...

Let me know if this fits the bill...or are you only after 'metal' finds?....(i did detect the neck plug in the bottle btw).

Gypsy

GypsyGoldAu said:
I hardly find worthy 'relics' where i hunt, but i have unearthed two olde time 'cordial' bottles that were made in one of the many Bendigo factories...their both from the same Co.... W.Bruce & Sons (he musta liked that drop eh...) found side by side, but the patterns are slightly different...

Let me know if this fits the bill...or are you only after 'metal' finds?....(i did detect the neck plug in the bottle btw).

Gypsy

Thanks Gypsy. Great to meet you last weekend.
My son is keen to include the bottles. He wants to present the diversity of all types of finds which collectively tell a great story. How about we catch up in June. We are planning a trip to take photos of the goldfields and can swing buy. Cheers

Sounds like a plan my friend...worried about 'transit'...I'll give you the details when we catch up...

Good luck up Nth... :Y:

Cheers

Although none of my finds came from the "gold fields " feel free to search my thread (me & my at pro)if you see something of interest pm me & I will shoot them off to you. Cheers.

Latest posts