Gold Coast beach finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good Afternoon all,

Sharing my night GC finds earlier this week:
Wouldn’t believe it, 5 minutes in, an 1891 penny?? Any insight to to better understand how this is possible, would be most welcome
Being slightly bigger than a 10c, I thought the heavily crusted one was a shilling or something old, but not surprised to find a Chinese yuan hiding.
A few rings, one silver gold plated and another a sliver large dress ring, which upon good advice, is a Russian amber stone.
11B07E84-02FF-45CB-BE4E-3CCD5C285BF0.jpegB9185971-DBD7-44A3-BBE8-D46715BCFB26.jpegBE2A7D23-7D70-4CE8-904C-E484E371D62E.jpeg4AF4C229-048B-4CED-BCDA-B25BD660A868.jpeg

Sharing my night GC finds earlier this week:
Wouldn’t believe it, 5 minutes in, an 1891 penny?? Any insight to to better understand how this is possible, would be most welcome
Usually a result of a decent storm in my experience, with unusual currents and heavy wave action cutting into deeper layers of sand and gouging out coins and jewellery lost way back when. Any copper coins are usually pretty toasted, but silvers can clean up OK, although none will have numismatic value - time and abrasion see to that.

You've got some very good and interesting finds there, George - well done. It could be worth your while to go back and hit that area hard, perhaps with a bigger coil, just in case there's more antiques within detectible range for the first time ever.

Latest posts