Geology Maps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Planning my trip north to Clermont is underway, Ive been teaching myself (with the help of Youtube) how to overlay maps on Google Earth.
Its amazing how powerful that free bit of technology really is!
After overlaying the GPA maps onto GE Ive also traced the relevant boundaries too so I can see exactly where I can and can't prospect
While doing my searches for online maps, I often see on this extremely informative site, images captured and posted by members depicting the type of maps I'm looking for, amazing surface geology maps colour graded showing geological boundaries like greenstone, laterite etc
Problem is, I don't know where to look for them or sites that sell them.
Ive asked via private message to one poster but for his own reasons (which I respect) has chosen not to respond, so I'm opening my question to a larger audience, where do I find those types of maps depicting boundaries of minerals like Czl, Afv, Abp, Czc, as well as Greenstone belts and Quartz veins?
Cheers
Bazza :)

Bazza ,

Let google be your friend....
There are a few sites you can down load geo maps from ...
The mines dept here in the west has an area to down load maps from....
Can't remember the link I just stumble around the site till I find the link.....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Edited: Bloody predictive text

Nanjim,
Thanks for the advice, the WA mines website for example asks me to download Silverlight but it must be a PC specific program as it wont work for me on Mac???
So far Ive found the National map site which has 'interpreted bedrock geology' and NSW Minview but these dont have the named surface rock boundaries that I sometimes see posted here.
Thanks anyway, let google be my friend as you suggest
cheers
Bazza :)

Latest posts