G'day from the Adelaide Hills

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacchus

Rick
Reaction score
Cheers Jaros

Hey Matt and all forum members
Thanks for a great website , the information here is fantastic and it seems everyone is welcoming and genuinely
out there to help . I am another Adelaide Hillbilly living about 20 minutes drive from the Jupiter Creek / Echunga
Goldfields . As per the Avatar , knowledge about prospecting / fossicking is limited to the info you and your members have made so freely available . I would really appreciate any advice , especially about the local area around here where I can cut
my teeth so to speak.
A special thanks to Phase Technical ( Nenad ) your videos on the what seems to be the idiot proof SDC 2300
has me expecting my 50th Birthday present by post tomorrow . An additional video on how to doctor a Visa Card
statement would now be a great help.

Cheers

Rick

" Life is to short to drink bad wine "

Welcome Rick, I too am not far from the Echunga goldfields and have spent a fair bit of time there over the years, with not a hell of a lot of luck unfortunately. Though the SDC should do a good job at weeding out any nuggets, and as Nenad has shown, there is still gold to be found there if you take your time and be thorough. :)

Thanks Goldpick

A lot of testing in the backyard and then off to Echunga I go .
Are you aware of any groups around the area who arrange detecting outings or meetings as when
I become competent I would like to learn a little on the job so to speak ?
Or do most detectorists ( if that's a word ) like to go solo ? I would expect this is mainly the
case.

Cheers

Rick

Hi Rick,
Just joined this forum myself,
I know of a club at Morphett Vale that I am thinking of joining; Southern Seekers Detector Club.
Contacts; Stuart: 83821120
Bob:83261091
They have social hunts as well as trips to known gold finding areas.
We could probably both benefit from such a group,
Cheers Adrian.

Hi Rick
Welcome to the forum. I'm a little further south the you. I purchase an SDC about 3 weeks ago but due to work commitments have only spent about 3 hour at Jupiter Creek.
I have booked in to do some training with Nenad on Dec 7th. If you purchased the SDC from Adelaide's miners den then you should be able to book in for a complimentary 3 hour training session. there are several dates.

Due to work I have not bothered with joining a club and normally just take my youngest son with me. that's mainly to get him out of the house and enjoying some fresh air and exercise. Otherwise I go alone. Enjoy the time as its valuable chill out time. I will send you a PM that you may find interesting after you get your 10 post on the site.

Cheers.

Cliff

G'day Rick,

welcome to the Forum I worked with the guys from the Southern seekers at the Southern Rockhounds Gemfair last weekend they are a really great bunch who readily pass their expertise & knowledge on. Ican support OzzieAu recommendation to join the the Southern Seekers at Flaxmill Log Cabin 17 Gerald Court Christie Downs, SA 5164 Australia

Meetings:

2nd Mon 7.30pm (except Jan) and monthly hunts on Sun following meeting
:)

Thanks all for so much for the information both on the training and the Southern Seekers club.
I reckon that I will certainly go the way of the club when I get organised as I am very interested in
learning how to read the ground , etc etc . Cliff , look forward to any info when I amble to PM , I like to buy locally so I did
ring Miners Den Adelaide to see if they could match a deal from a Qld dealer which included a $200 Garmin GPS ( which I intended to buy anyway )
so the deal was too good to pass up , they did seem like great people but could not match the promotion and thanked me for the opportunity so I am heading down next week to buy a pick and a few odds and sods , maps etc from them.
Thus the training from miners den I would not qualify for but if Minelab run training for their product users I will certainly follow
it up , otherwise I am amazed at the info available on the Internet and this forum so I am sure it won't take long to get going with it.

Thanks again

Rick

Latest posts