Faith restored or challenged

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Add your story

Today our eldest daughter was a very lucky lady travelling from Broadford to Shepparton to buy her husband presents for his upcoming 30th birthday in December, she's well organised :) well almost. Before leaving she filled up the car at the servo and for some odd reason sat her purse on the left hand guard on the trailer she was towing, you guessed it she drove off leaving her purse on the guard :8 It's around 140km and she only became aware once she was in Shepparton and needed her purse. So with that sinking feeling she tore the car apart and realised she had lost it but wasn't sure how or where other than knowing she'd bought fuel. Rang hubby to get him to head to the servo and check the camera footage and that's when it was seen on the wheel guard on her way out of the servo :( Here's the crunch it had 2 grand cash :8 :8 and all the usual cards etc blah blah blah. So then almost the whole family is summond to get out and search this went on for the next 6 hours. Number 1 daughter would be lucky to have a 5 dollar note in her purse once a month because they buy everything with cards or electronic purchases. Got a message around 5 o'clock while scouring the side of the on ramp to the Hume Hwy saying it was handed in to the Bendigo Bank but not certain which one :( then 15 minutes later a call to say she was leaving Seymour for Numurkah where the bank staff were waiting for her to collect it with all the cash still in it :D People had followed her out of the servo at Broadford and watched it fall off picked it up but never caught up with her on the road to Shepparton and kept travelling to Numurkah where they handed it to the bank :Y: She left them a handy donation to be given to the honest good citizen who handed it in. To say she was excitedly happy is an understatement. I still can't believe it myself I'm just as happy to have an a of kindness done for a hard working honest family member :trophy:

Great story RM. Restores your faith in human nature doesn't it? I once had a valuable camera returned to me when I inadvertently left it in a taxi in India. The guy who found it would not accept a reward, so I asked him if he knew where some money would do some good. He agreed to take my reward and pass it on to a worthy cause.
The world can be a horrid place some times, but there are many good people in it.

the good thing about this when your daughter finds something now she stop and remember what happen to her ,because i do now . good result

We were in the Grampians many years ago driving up past the Indian Head when I spotted a what I thought was a digital camera laying on the edge of the road, at the next lay off I pulled in walked back and there it was a camera. When we arrived in Halls Gap the wife went in to the General store and I fired up the camera a nd scrolled thru the pics looking for clues of the owner. Lo and behold there was a pic of a bright yellow Jeep Wrangler amongst the shots and bugger me if five minutes later it didn't drive past me.
Wife gets back from shopping and I tell her what I've discovered and we head of after them, take a punt on which way they went. Twenty minutes later we see the car in a car park and a young couple with a child arrive back after some time, I approach them and ask if they have lost a camera, yep just been searching for it. Give them the camera back and he asks if we found a gps as well, no but I said I can show you where we found the camera. Head down the hill, park in the same lay off and walk back to the cameras location, walk further back up the road and there's a yellow Garmin gps in the roadside vegetation.
Mum had left them on the roof as shed strapped the child in and forgotten them.
$1000 bucks worth of goodies back in the rightful owners hands.

Latest posts