Expired Gold Mining Licence Numbers Leading To Further Information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anybody can answer this for me please?

In Geovic when researching areas suitable for detecting, when using the layer for Expired Gold Mining Licenses, it brings up the boundary area of the claim and a number, say for arguments sake GML 12345, but there is then no further information. Is there a publication or some reference whereby you can then take that old licence number and search, and link it to the reports of the time, that may indicate what type of mine it was, the type of gold they searched for, the returns etc.?

Thanks in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction.

-Gary

Deepseeker said:
I'm just wondering if anybody can answer this for me please?

In Geovic when researching areas suitable for detecting, when using the layer for Expired Gold Mining Licenses, it brings up the boundary area of the claim and a number, say for arguments sake GML 12345, but there is then no further information. Is there a publication or some reference whereby you can then take that old licence number and search, and link it to the reports of the time, that may indicate what type of mine it was, the type of gold they searched for, the returns etc.?

Thanks in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction.

-Gary

What state are you in? ....let me clarify that...What state of Australia are you in?

I 'spose if he is referring to Geovic, he's in Victoria???
But then again, it could be Colorado in the US!??

You could contact below to see if they have the data on Geovic or available as a publication?:
Contact Organisation: Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions
Contact Position: Dataset Data Manager
Address: GPO Box 4440MelbourneVic3001Australia
Telephone: (03) 8392 7095
Email Address: [email protected]

Also searching on Victorian Public Records Office for gold mining leases might get it?:
https://prov.vic.gov.au

Mate I don't know Geovic, but with the QLD version, when you open the layer up, you then expand that on the list, and there is a selection 'query layer'.
You click that then there are search terms for the layer.
Not sure if its even remotely similar or even helpful.

Latest posts