DIY Mini River Sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been looking on the bunnings website and I can't see the pipe for any less than $20 & What is the Matt called at Clark rubber?

Just had a look on the Clark rubber website, they want $60 for the rubber matting haha. Are they cracked?

So I rang up and was quoted $15 from Clark rubber for the 3mm rubber mat.

I want to use some larger alloy angle riffles is the front before the rubber Matt. What would you suggest I use and how far spacing between each one? Cheers. Nick.

I would use it before the riffles..at entry point.
Wouldnt hurt to line the whole thing.
Space your riffles 8-10cm apart depending on height of riffle. Shorter closer. ;)

Hi yobskin, thanks for that. I just want to use a riffle setup I can purchase and not have to screw around too much bending so I think I am going to use some alloy angle 90 degree 30mmx30mmx 1.5. Do you think this is suitable?

After watching this video I thought it seemed alright, but with no previous experience I would like a second, third, forth and fifth oppinion haha.

youtu.be/RgrA9RZvMsQ

NickThadik said:
After watching this video I thought it seemed alright, but with no previous experience I would like a second, third, forth and fifth oppinion haha.

youtu.be/RgrA9RZvMsQ

Ive seen pre-built riffles on ebay and gumtree. A lil river sluice for $40..with small hose connection spray bar. Would be a good investment..

Latest posts