CEO Salaries.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightjar

Contributor Plus
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Promise this is my last whinge for this month. :lol:
Visited our local woolworths this morning and the shelves are still bare.
But hang on one large corner is packed 2 metres high with Easter Eggs. Just what Mr & Mrs Average require right now.
Sitting and thinking about it do suppose they need big sellers to pay the CEO his paltry salary of $8.38 million. ;)
Borders on criminal, no one requires that amount of money/year?

Yep all,big business is the same, slashing jobs so ceo gets multi million bonuses. No one is worth more than a million a year. I just hope they loose 60% in tax to help the country but as usual the mongrels would have some scheme going to save tax....

I agree 8million is a lot of money but they are the exception not the norm. I worked for an International company and saw how hard our Australian CEO worked, the long hours, the time spent away from home and family, the responsibility of running a multi million dollar business, managing people can all take a toll on peoples health and marriages.
Senior management in businesses are so highly scrutinised to meet key performance indicators by owners, boards and shareholders the pressure is immense and it takes a very talented person to do the job. Many CEOs have spent an inordinate amount of time studying business, marketing, retailing etc.

Lets for argument sake reduce the CEO of Woolies pay by 7.5 million and give to the employees of which there are approx 200,000, that equates to 37.50 each per annum or 72cents a week.
Leaves the boss with 800K less tax, say 46 cents in the dollar tax, leaving him with 432k per annum for managing a 1.97 billion dollar a year turnover, I wouldnt think so.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Maybe they should screw another $75.00 a year per employee and have some underlings to take some of that executive stress off themselves.

Naahhh i dont feel sorry for the massive margins they screw over.

little fish winging at the big fish..... when have YOU ever said....... give some of my wages to the new guy, less important??
you worked hard to get what you have...... bloody hard.....you did the hard yards when you were young to get THERE
you earned it
Why are some cars worth more....... cause they are better
you dont like the pay disparity.......no one forced you to work there.....F--- off somewhere else
where I used to work, we were on $50 an hour, unskilled, just a box packer......our Top boss was on millions, good on him......if I had the skills and was 20 years younger I hope one day I could get there????
Bring on the Flamers

:lol: :lol: :lol: Talking from exp. we all work bloody hard fool just some work is different but it's still bloody hard work kw fried.

Some ceo's get their jollies off firing 10's sometimes 100's of HARD WORKERS who deserve that job as much as the next person but didn't have the parents that could support the $$$$$$$$ that came with that training to achieve that crap.

Doesn't make that person an idiot or stupid because they could only draw from choices of thT
gene pond

lOOOOOl

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As long as the CEO's income is in line with the results they achieve for the company. Take Australia Post as an example. A few years back Australia Post came ahead in leaps and bounds, we got better service at a reasonable rate and we saw the the creation of all these Australia Post shops. The business was booming and we were all receiving better value for money then somebody screamed about the ridiculous income earned by the CEO. Sure it was a lot of money but it was earned.

The result was the CEO was out and Australia Post has gone to the dogs.

Bring on the POOPCORN you over privileged Numbsculls GOOGLE is here and the next gen or three will supersede your over expensive tuition boys club mentality probably with an advantage of making up their own minds like the internet was intended for which we all overlook and use (yes even the privileged rely on the same common factor).

At the end of the day we all work hard but in different ways but it's still work no matter what but another persons privilege is not regarded as equally earned in society it's labelled as corporate greed and look how thats working out at the end of the day.

Hopefully it might bring putang too his knees but that will ultimately be decided by the common people regardless of his yes men.

Welcome to community where all are accepted flaws and all.

Private and public sectors are hard to compare. One has to be more transparent than the other and the one that doesn't have to pretend the boss wields a big stick.

If :lol: i was in charge of a huge company making billions of dollars don't think for a minute the company was making billions because i am an over educated hard worker :lol: :lol: it's because i have HUGE profit margins skimming $37.50 a year :lol: :lol: :lol:

the BIGGEST issue in business these days are PLCs, shareholders and Governments!

Every time a senior manager or CEO is replaced the financial goal posts widen. Its in the interest of the manager or CEO to meet or exceed their financial targets as their annual bonuses hinge off the bottom line. As the financial targets exponentially grow over time, the business becomes so constrained they're left with no option but to cull the headcount. When this isn't possible, they somehow twine governments to allow cheap labour into Australia and slowly overtime the workforce develops a changing face. This is exactly what I'm seeing personally in my line of business.

The end result of this is..

payroll overhead reductions
fatter profits for shareholders
fatter bonuses for management
loss of income growth for employee's
transition Australia to a foreign workforce
loss of jobs to Australian born citizens
loss of Australian born skillsets
Australians are no longer favoured overseas when skillsets deplete

I'm not raciest, but when I walk into a workshop or arrive onsite today its spot the Aussie.

Most of the CEO's are foreign too, why... because they have no moral obligation to Australia's future. Perfect for multinational PLCs!

If I'm lucky, today I may make what I use to earn 20 years ago. I know of many many Australian born citizens in my line of business who are professionals but cant get a job because they refuse to work for stagnant wages, yet the Governments continually approve work visa's and residency to foreigners to fill the voids.

Dont get me started on the bloody sponge employment agencies either, which by the way is a result of HR headcount culling for fatter profits!! This point alone would make for some very interesting reading on dealings I learnt of by a particular Australian family that a former neighbour of mine bought a business from, which happened to time lovely with abolishing a particular clause that impacted every Australian who was ever a professional expat.

The whole system sucks. PLC's and shareholders are capitalising on what the Governments allow at the employees expense. They are not suppose to grant visa's or residency when skilled labour is available in the country!! A royal commission is most certainly warranted in my book!

Nightjar said:
Goldtalk Leonora said:
I'm surprised you shop at WW Nightjar.....apparently independent supermarkets (IGA) are stocked up.

GL,
Don't be surprised, we shop at Woolworths, IGA & Aldi to meet our needs. None of the stores are fully stocked.

Peter, try Woolworths home delivery. We put in two orders totaling over $1000, one to WW one to Coles. Both were delivered on time with satisfactory results.

Coles stuffed us around a bit with substitutes for items that couldn't be supplied but mostly it was ok. They swapped Ovaltine with Milo when we had already ordered Milo so got two. They swapped raw sugar for white which we don't like, I'd much preferred raw sugar in another brand. They threw in a couple of freebees too but that could have been in error. We could only order one dozen long life milk when we wanted seven. Overall, not a bad result.

WW were a lot more professional in their execution of the order. Where Coles delivered a scattered messy looking order, WW separated Frozen, Chilled, Fruit & Veg, Detergents and regular food items. They allowed us three dozen milk as well. The delivery was placed with care and most items ordered were delivered although our sweet potatoes are missing. If we do it again we'll be ordering from WW.

We didn't want to visit the shops in Perth but ended up in Aldi getting some special little meals that we like out in the field. We'd planned on getting the rest of the milk there but they had no full cream LL milk.

In the end we slipped into WW and got another three dozen milk to keep us going until next time but if we lived in a delivery area we wouldn't bother grocery shopping at the moment. WW certainly delivered a good enough range of products to keep the average household going and there were very few items that we needed that were not available.

I stopped using my local WW unless I can't get the item at Coles or Aldi. Why? Because a few years ago, over several months I got home with mouldy cheese, bakery items and other goods. So when the shopping centre expanded and added an Aldi and a Coles, bam, that is where I go. Simples.

Rob P.

Latest posts