Best Android Apps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's a few of my favourite Android apps.

Zedge - Free ringtones, message tones, wallpaper etc
Photo Editor - Easy to use photo editing
TuneIn Radio Pro - Best online radio app there is
Scanner Radio - Online police scanner

There's heaps more that I use but these are my favourites at the moment.

Lets keep the list growing.

Here's a few of my currect favourites.

Phrase Friends - Like wheel of fortune between friends or random people.
Converter Pad - Converts anything into anything. Even units you've never heard of.
Flashlight - Turns camera flash into a bright torch
Hill Climb Racing - Addictive little game if your bored
ISS Detector - Used to locate the International Space Station and other Satalites in the night sky.

Maverick GPS , I use this while detecting.
It records your path on a map, So you can see where you haven't been.
Great for doing big areas like parks etc.
The only problem I've had is in your pocket while DiggingHoles it might loose GPS accuracy and it draws stars, But that could be my cheap phone?
I'm swinging a Whites MXT and GMT haven't noticed any problems/interference, Always use in my shirt pocket .

Nuggets, My wife is addicted to the police scanner! Maybe she is checking up on me?
Sluice goose, ISS detector it's fantastic. I didn't know it was available as an App, Thanks.
Cheers Bob

DiggingHoles said:
Maverick GPS , I use this while detecting.
It records your path on a map, So you can see where you haven't been.
Great for doing big areas like parks etc.
The only problem I've had is in your pocket while DiggingHoles it might loose GPS accuracy and it draws stars, But that could be my cheap phone?
I'm swinging a Whites MXT and GMT haven't noticed any problems/interference, Always use in my shirt pocket .

Nuggets, My wife is addicted to the police scanner! Maybe she is checking up on me?
Sluice goose, ISS detector it's fantastic. I didn't know it was available as an App, Thanks.
Cheers Bob

Best thing you can do is strap your phone to your upper arm. I use a GPS while conducting recreational activities out in the bush and putting the GPS in a pocket is the worst thing you can do because you get a direct line from the place it lost signal to the place it found it again.

My other half does not know north from south, so she uses an app called 'find my car' when out in the bush.
before setting off she 'parks' the app.
When it is time for a cuppa arks it up again and there is an directional arrow and how far.
Can turn it off after 'parking' and it will recall where when you turn it on again.
Ron

G'day all,
I use GPS Toolbox- very handy
GAIA GPS offline and Pocket Universe
Cheers jules

I found a new favorite app, its called USTV and has a free and paid version. I'm currently using the free version and you can stream US TV channels straight to your Android mobile. Its got all the top channels, HBO, Showtime, Fox Movies, Discovery Channel and heaps more.

Latest posts