bendigo advertiser - top 2013 stories (park digging idiot)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
# 15 - PRINCES PARK DUG UP FOR GOLD: 2013. Believe it or not - - Maryborough's (Victoria) round three BFL game against Strathfieldsaye was at risk of being moved after Princes Park was dug up by a gold prospector. The prospector - a 37-year-old man from Queensland - dug about 80 holes on the ground. Not surprisingly, the prospector - who produced a Miner's Right when confronted by Central Goldfields Shire parks staff - didn't find any gold, and instead was issued with a $282 penalty notice for wilful property damage.

Vic Miners Rights does not give you the right to dig holes in footy ovals!!!

Problem is, this happened in April - oh the sledging that went on. Now they are recapping the stories again. It was in the papers and on WIN news. It was a very bad look - mind you, I still see people digging on the nature strips in Dunolly! The poor old coin hunters that did the right thing and detected around the edges of the oval (outer where us drunkards stand etc) got moved on as well. they were actually doing a service and picked up a lot of cxap as well. They are the ones I feel sorry for.

Its idiots like these that give everyone else a bad name. I wonder what they would say if he applied for a lease.

Latest posts