Australian Cricket buckle book

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tassie Daz

Darryl Rowley
Reaction score
Hi all. I came across a coupla crickets buckles yesterday while detecting so when I got home decided to find out a bit more about them.
A guy called Brian Meilak has done an extensive study on a huge number of buckles ( the pdf file is 1680 pages) and can be found on the net, version 4.
So for those who are interested i hope this helps with your investigations.

IT CAN BE FOUND ON THIS SITE.

1580380933_rps20200130_210611.jpg

1580381011_rps20200130_210851.jpg

The top one I found a coupla weeks ago. The bottom one, found on page 123 of The Australian Cricket Buckle Book, I found this week.
A third one, that has been really smashed around needs some straightening out. Will attempt that once I get some heat onto it. IF i wreck it itll be no loss as its folded in 2 atm.

That first one is a beauty TD :Y:
If you couldnt find it in the book ..... could be very special ;)
Thanks for sharing

Sandta. Btian meilak has only seen that bucklecyou referred to once before. It was found sw NSW but I dont think he has a piccie. Both the round one, and the mangled ones are in the book, page 123 and dont know the other page.
But the book is a fabulous resource. We are extremely lucky to have people wbo will devote so much time to researching a topic or relic and then prepared to share it.
I guess its what older blokes do. You know," what do you do when youre too old to go detecting? You research and share it on sites like this".

Latest posts