AtomRat, lilnugget n his mate, dylanpennack23, Luke at Panton Hill

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got a little group of prospectors happening today and had some great fun with a warm hug of pain and frustration to go with it hehe
Sorry for the broken vids, I can't upload any higher than 300mb so had to do it this way sorry, ill see what I can do about that. Might yse 'pause' next time and make the vids a bit better but you still can experience our dig

Panton Hill and its surroundings are close to Warrandyte goldfields with the mountain countryrock shooting at all angles with many outcrops and bedrock alongside the alluvial diggings from the old timers. Every once in a while a little bit that you can nearly or just pick up shows up but its extreemly hard work, not easy for a highbanker either for a small amount but still color

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ2nbB_-la4[/video]

Lilnugget picked me up from his house and met up with his mate not soon after and took the hour long drive up to the location, Dylan and his brother not too far behind, we all introduced, grabbed the gear n headed down for the days hard work! We got down and got the machines setup and set to test panning the creeks, crevices and flood marks ( after reading dr.duck's posts ;) ) and got digging in a crevice which took us down half a meter or so till no further. We scraped and cleaned it dry with not a lot of result so gave it a rest for a bit.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMT5RR_eKmA[/video]

It was seeming a bit quiet over at dylan and his brothers sluice as I looked over and poor Lukes pump had died for the second time, this time only lasting for a minute until it didn't want to turn over. After having a look at the pump myself for a little, everything seemed fine but it just didn't want to go.. just to make it better I snapped the pull cord and that called the pump quits for the day and off they went panning instead, which was useful to them as they found.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqekhz61BaY[/video]

Lilnuggets friend had to head home around lunch for business and lilnugget suggested we pump out this rather large puddle and rid it of its water and highbank the bottom of that. The 1" inlet and outlet chugged away for an hour and we bled the 'dam' dry as we could until the pump could only suck mud n leaf matter and he dug the hole and I ran the sluice which decided to spring a leak on the sluice inlet at the box and the connector somehow just seemed to fail and make a lovely shower.. a few rocks stopped the excess spray from soaking us when near the box. Easy fix though. The digging and sluicing went on, dylan and his brother vigorously panning and scooping crevices and all out it was an awesome day and great to have a few guys meet up this time and I think we all had fun even though the day had its flaws, but thts prospecting, isn't it.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dur8MYlM2hU[/video]

1440921480_14409214097630.jpg

1440921512_14409214201211.jpg

Hopefully the boys will upload our days finds! Had an excellent day and was great to have a little meet :cool:

Awesome day again mate :) hard work but a lil colour always makes you keep you going ;) great to meet lilnugget and hope to dig again in the future all in all great to be in the outdoors doing what I love with some great blokes
1440926871_image.jpg
1440926882_image.jpg
not a bad haul for a few hours panning hard but worth it :)

Great stuff guys, was headed up out there Saturday till I had car problems. Hopefully bump into a few of yas next time I'm out

Nice work boys. Will most certainly be doing most of searching around the area after i research it as it is only 25 mins from home. Damn cold place to play footy though. Played several games up there, when its windy up there its a shocker as the ground is relatively open up the top.

Latest posts