anyone have photos of new gates blocking access to bush land ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for photos that i recall being posted on Facebook or on this forum showing locations in the bush where VEAC or Parks have either installed new gates or locked existing ones.

Some of the photos feature new signs saying "closed to motorbikes horses prospectors campers walkers dogs etc"

Some of these areas showed evidence that Parks had not only erected locked gates , but had also destroyed tracks by digging deep holes with an excavator or dumped huge concrete blocks to prevent access.

Can anyone point me at some so i can prove to some retards that firies have in fact been locked out of many bush areas ?

Crevicesucker firies have the universal key. Either a set of bolt cutters or a battery powered grinder. My brigade have both in both our vehicles. Yes there is gates up all over the place but if push comes to shove we will get them open.

I have seen photos of a bush track in Vic that had big holes dug in it with an excavator or backhoe and another that had concrete blocks positioned across the track.

What kind of bolt cutters do you use on them ?

CreviceSucker said:
I have seen photos of a bush track in Vic that had big holes dug in it with an excavator or backhoe and another that had concrete blocks positioned across the track.

If that is the case it would not be a dedicated firetrack.

A few years ago up here We had a major fire in a Complex with Million Dollar homes... The Brigade arrived and couldn't fit between the pillars to the Security Gates.

So they attached a big chain around it and ripped it out... $100,000 damage and the Owners of the Complex had to pay... :lol:

If they need to get in, they will.... Now all New Complexes have wider Gates for this reason...

LW....

It's a little bit amusing spending all night on a fire ground , then driving out when the sun comes up to see the fence cut every 200 hundred meters because no one found the other wheel tracks. Or seeing the fence cut 100 meters from a gate , when its dark and smokey you just do what is needed to get to the flames.

Oh dear me Aussie you good fellow your spelling is atrocious. :playful:

I noticed a locked gate between chewton and fryerstown on the right heading to chewton.
Not sure how long it's been there but its a brand new chain and a new sign saying no detecting or walking of dogs.

DropBear said:
CreviceSucker said:

If that is the case it would not be a dedicated firetrack.

The Photos i saw on Facebook were definitely a Fire Trail into a named state forest in Victoria , i tried scrolling back through pages of fakebook crepe but didnt find the buddy blitch

An extract from the WA APLA newsletter.....

Carlaminda Station - again!
Another exercise in obstruction and hindrance occurred in early January this year. This time it was
a tenement holder that was obstructed and hindered in his attempt to gain access to his
Prospecting Licence. The gate to the paddock was chained and locked and the pastoral station
owner demanded the tenement holder visit the station to collect the key, probably asking for a
cash deposit at the same time. The usual notification required by the Mining Act had already been
provided by the tenement holder. The tenement holder refused to make the unnecessary trip and
instead went to the local Yalgoo police station. In turn the police made enquiries to DMIRS
regarding the law on matters such as lockouts involving tenement holders. When the advice was
received, this resulted in a delay while the police arranged a meeting between the parties involved.
The tenement holder attended the arranged meeting at 8.30am the following day, but the station
owner didnt show up. This represents disobeying a police instruction in my book. A solution was
required and fast. The police informed the tenement holder they would not seek prosecution for
criminal damage if the tenement holder cut the chain and went about their business. Seems a
reasonable solution to a persistent and intractable nuisance. An old expression springs to mind
here, Irresistible force meets immovable object ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but not if you have a cordless angle
grinder! If people wont obey the law and the law officers tell you to do something to resolve a
situation, then you must do it ,,,,,,eh! From this episode, it now seems accepted practice to cut
locks or chains when access is obstructed, which has been my personal take on it for about 38
years! My question is why have we wasted all these years trying to appease and accommodate
law breakers?

Latest posts