Another lucky tradey

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many members on this forum have found a Sov ? Found 1898 widows head sov not long ago
1603277001_fc1fe3ca-138b-4bd8-9e7f-b3263eb279e0.jpg

1603277001_bbdbda3f-aef6-452f-b00a-9be07e64a546.jpeg

I know one or two others may of found a full sov or half sov in the past couple of years . Interested to know I guess.

Rockhunter62 said:
Awesome. Met a guy who once worked at a building site in Ballarat but in the back of my head may have been elsewhere, Geelong area?, who was clued up with detecting and things. He found many valuable bottles and coins that he showed me. How much or many things get overlooked by builders in so many places is a big guess.
He found a ridiculous amount of coins there. Imagine what lies under the buildings in Melbourne and surrounds!?
Building Melb they found reefs and nuggets in St Kilda, Mt Alexander Road and even in Melbourne Central!

Good find, Adrian SS. Originally silver plated copper. It looks to be in great condition.

Great Britain - Worcestershire Conder Token - 1788, D&H-42

Composition: Copper with Silver-Plating
Diameter: 22mm
Mintage: Unknown, but Common

Obverse: Bust of King George III who reigned from 1760-1820.

Reverse: A cornucopia and grouping of music instruments - including a violin, horn, and sheet music - on an altar.

Thanks for that info.
The token is very bright yellow and has not tarnished over the years. It tests as a tad higher than 9k the colour in the pics is dark compared to the actual colour.

This is a slightly better colour representation.....Does not leave a dark mark on silver polish cloth when rubbed.
1603319125_rscn0386.jpg

Just goes to show you never get it all.
I have recovered many silver coins from this very park and so have many people over the years.
I have gone over every inch of this park many times and not having found even a penny in the last half dozen hunts.
Now this bloke rocks up with a shovel and pulls out a sov. :lol: :8 8.(
He is extremely lucky that's for sure.

Smoky bandit said:
I have recovered many silver coins from this very park and so have many people over the years.
I have gone over every inch of this park many times and not having found even a penny in the last half dozen hunts.

Did you see it Smokey? Was the fella using a nox?

Heatho said:
Danny13 said:
How many members on this forum have found a Sov ? Found 1898 widows head sov not long ago https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7001_fc1fe3ca-138b-4bd8-9e7f-b3263eb279e0.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...001_bbdbda3f-aef6-452f-b00a-9be07e64a546.jpeg

I know one or two others may of found a full sov or half sov in the past couple of years . Interested to know I guess.

No and it bothers me. A friend gave me a 1915 half sov as a present, does that count? :cool:

I think you have to detect one Heatho ;) , nice gift though.

Smoky bandit said:

You mean the TV guy, yeah and your right got lucky and no one gets it all.

Latest posts