A Plea To Metal Detector Manufacturers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XLOOX

Moderating Team
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want a combined VLF & PI detector and I really don't see what the problem is !

I am thinking 2 completely separate detectors in the one unit so I can use the PI where I can but when I find a trashy area I can just flip to VLF, or if I just want more info about a target before digging.

1 shaft
1 round bit of plastic with a PI mono or DOD coil as the outer coil and DD VLF coil "concentric" to the PI coil.
1 ten core cable, or 2 standard cables if really need be
1 screen,
1 control box - 2 PCBs in the box.
1 power supply, 1 audio out

Only one detector operational at a time but the offline detector is in hot standby ie; not transmitting but else live so can quickly flip detectors at the press of a button.

Given the weight of modern VLFs & the 6000 this should all be totally doable in a very reasonable weight since the weight over 1 detector it is only the extra windings & PCB so like total 300g-400g more.

Total manufacturing cost definitely wouldn't be 2x 1 detector. Probably 30-50% more.

For Xmas?

That would be cool......but
Manufacturer's would make more money selling 2 seperate detectors than a two in one for less money.
They would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Latest posts