87 Ounce Nugget found Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stoneage said:
)
how do hundreds of prospectors miss a piece like that for over 150 years????

Because there is no such thing as a flogged area.

can anyone tell us what detector was used?

..............I spose anything would find one that size.

At that shallow depth an Aldi would have found that.
My 705 would have overloaded probably told me it was iron.

My 2300 would have blown the speaker and my eardrums.

LC76 said:

that's why they say "dig every target"............ can't say that I have but I will from now!

stoneage said:
LC76 said:

that's why they say "dig every target"............ can't say that I have but I will from now!
I'm with you fellas a signal like this and I would walk away cursing the person that buryed half a tonn of fencing wire.not any more I'm not.I'm gunna have to head back over to the golden triangle and dig up all my old signals.dohhhhhh!!!!!!! :mad:

lucky streak said:
So I guess there will be lots of prospectors heading up there on the weekend the guy come from inglewood nice find.

Lucky, you told us that he came from Inglewood????? thought you must have known what you where talking about.

stoneage said:
wow, just heard about this one :eek: , having trouble concentrating at work now. 8)
how do hundreds of prospectors miss a piece like that for over 150 years????

Private property. ... right coil .. right swing people thinking its junk...

Im a cynical old bastard, everyone knows this, but a few things dont add up for me here.

(1) The pics of it cleaned just dont look real too me. Looks like one of those cast plaster replica's in the right light.

(2) The pic of him holding it by his fingertips, ya just wouldnt do that.....now i have held some serious gold, this thing would have weighed like a house brick.

(3) The pic of it in the dirt just dont look right, looks purposely buried too me.

(4) If you found a massive nugget, would you take the time to put a pill bottle next to it and take pics when it was half dug out? Who carry's a pill bottle detecting with them? The adrenaline would take over and above all else till you got it out just to see how big it was.

(5) No mention of the find in the media papers to authenticate its existence for possible buyer interest and authentic status. I mean why would you post on facebook to alert the world? Maybe cause no one can prove anything?
Why wouldnt you contact the Herald Sun or Age if you had the genuine article?
Either that or just shut up completely.

(6) Inglewood is a dying town, they need a rush.....know what i mean? Not many here even knew where it was?

(7) In the pic of it still dirty, it envelopes his hand....something of that size would spell 200+ ounces to me.

(8) Was originally posted on Facebook with a pic of the guy holding it grinning......then it said prospector unknown. Doesn't he have an account? Cant seem to find that original post either.

I Dunno, but i smell a rat.

Good luck to the finder and is one of the finds of this decade if im wrong.

Regards

;)

Went to pmav meeting last night and they have sold out of inglewood map anyone got a map of inglewood where you can prospect around there.

Metamorphic said:
Im a cynical old bastard, everyone knows this, but a few things dont add up for me here.

(1) The pics of it cleaned just dont look real too me. Looks like one of those cast plaster replica's in the right light.

(2) The pic of him holding it by his fingertips, ya just wouldnt do that.....now i have held some serious gold, this thing would have weighed like a house brick.

(3) The pic of it in the dirt just dont look right, looks purposely buried too me.

(4) If you found a massive nugget, would you take the time to put a pill bottle next to it and take pics when it was half dug out? Who carry's a pill bottle detecting with them? The adrenaline would take over and above all else till you got it out just to see how big it was.

(5) No mention of the find in the media papers to authenticate its existence for possible buyer interest and authentic status. I mean why would you post on facebook to alert the world? Maybe cause no one can prove anything?
Why wouldnt you contact the Herald Sun or Age if you had the genuine article?
Either that or just shut up completely.

(6) Inglewood is a dying town, they need a rush.....know what i mean? Not many here even knew where it was?

(7) In the pic of it still dirty, it envelopes his hand....something of that size would spell 200+ ounces to me.

(8) Was originally posted on Facebook with a pic of the guy holding it grinning......then it said prospector unknown. Doesn't he have an account? Cant seem to find that original post either.

I Dunno, but i smell a rat.

Good luck to the finder and is one of the finds of this decade if im wrong.

Regards

;)

ya got some good points there Metamorphic but don't spoil a good story with facts :p

on the positive side 8)

even if 20 extra bucks goes into the local economy ,(hopefully more from the new interest) it's 20 bucks that was not there before :)

Latest posts