2007 Hilux any input welcome

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mrs GT tagged along...pretty sure Ive gotten the green light on something a bit above my current budget (Wife points + GST :lol: ) after having a chat....but back to the same problem, what to buy... :argh:

Ill revisit this topic if my eye catches something outside my immediate knowledge. :Y:

Cheers.

Shaker G.T. What is a double boot kit? As I need to replace a couple. It's a mongrel of a job to do. So If there's an easier way, or a better way, I'd like to know. wiley.

I think the 07 Hilux had a problem with the valves leaking when parked on any kind of slope, was very expensive fix. But by now, all the 07,s would have been fixed. I have an 09, which is the same car. Its the best car Ive ever owned. Im not saying its the best of the best or any such thing, but all Ive done to it is brake pads, a timing belt at 150k kms, service and put diesel in it. It starts first time every time, sits nicely at 140kmph for hours on end and I get about 650km to the tank. ( speed limit is now 130 Imphal in the NT). Its towed boats and trailers no worries.
I have had it bogged a few times, probably not as good off road as the older hiluxs, but its done everything Ive asked of it.
I bought it in 2012.

davent said:
I think the 07 Hilux had a problem with the valves leaking when parked on any kind of slope, was very expensive fix. But by now, all the 07,s would have been fixed. I have an 09, which is the same car. Its the best car Ive ever owned. Im not saying its the best of the best or any such thing, but all Ive done to it is brake pads, a timing belt at 150k kms, service and put diesel in it. It starts first time every time, sits nicely at 140kmph for hours on end and I get about 650km to the tank. ( speed limit is now 130 Imphal in the NT). Its towed boats and trailers no worries.
I have had it bogged a few times, probably not as good off road as the older hiluxs, but its done everything Ive asked of it.
I bought it in 2012.

I thought it was the injector seat seals which caused that ?

And not expensive unless you took it to a Toyota dealer . But who would do that ?

If I get a Toyota dealer to do a 10,000 km service they would quote $750 but they get a 15 year old apprentice to do the work.

My local mechanics would quote $ 140 for the same service and do it with a real mechanic who deserves the income more .

Settled on the new Dmax, model up (21) from the old mans. Once it came to new vehicles it took a while to decide between them and the Toyotas, so hopefully made the right decision. Glad to be getting to the end of internal and external debates around utes and houses. Bring on 2021.

:Y:

Latest posts