WalnLiz Gemstone and gold fossicking videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That any ant his mates must come down to Adelaide while I'm out swinging,and walk 10 meters in front of me picking up all the gold;)

WalnLiz said:
Worth keeping an eye out on those ant nests Atom.....got a good 5 gram nugget about 50 metres further along the creek from the scrapings of a Goanna Hole into the creek edge. Seems like the wild life over in WA also likes to delve into some prospecting... :lol:

I've been keeping my eyes out on them here and there, nothing as of yet though, but I'm not detecting ( yet ). Was that 5 grammer one of your recent video's where Liz got real excited? I loved watching that one haha!

I do love the fact that wombats have been doing some of my labor around the creeks in the Yarra Valley which are great indicators as to what lays in the alluvial soil a bit further into the banks, and under the tree's.

Might check out more ant nests myself next trip mate :lol: ...didn't get the Goanna hole nugget on vid Atom, but in hindsight I wish I had, as the Goanna scrapings were real fresh and looked like he'd scraped them out the previous night. The nugget was almost a "sunbaker" with only a couple of millimetres covering it... :D

No ANTiclimax there Wal Ha ha. Nice to hear from you guys ! sounds like you have had a ball
as well as killed the pig on the gold .look forward to hearing more from your adventures west.
Cheers Colin.

I liked the way the ant was clawing all the rocks trying to get some traction. :lol:
What is it ?
The lil blighters can lift 10 times their own size in weight?.
Maybe a bloke should train them on gold. :rolleyes:

What a great video to make your comeback with. The poor fella has a million mouths to feed and you nick his "motherlode".

Welcome back, was begining to wonder where you two got to.

Cheers Tone

Only just dug it up and dropped it accidentally, so don't think it smelt anything. Had a shower the night before .... :D :D :D

TenOunce Tone said:
What a great video to make your comeback with. The poor fella has a million mouths to feed and you nick his "motherlode".

Welcome back, was begining to wonder where you two got to.

Cheers Tone

Just spent the last 3 1/2 months roaming WA, NT and northern QLD chasing gold and gems, and keeping away from the freezing cold of Canberras' winters.

Great to be back home for the spring and looking forward to some high banking sessions with the locals.

Cheers Wal.

Good work guys. Been looking through your pictures and latest vids and im getting green with envy.
Looks like you had smaked your thumb at some stage. Bet you could no longer feel the pain once the nuggets had surfaced.
Greg

Greglz86 said:
Good work guys. Been looking through your pictures and latest vids and im getting green with envy.
Looks like you had smaked your thumb at some stage. Bet you could no longer feel the pain once the nuggets had surfaced.
Greg

One of the downfalls of swinging a pick into detector holes Greg, and not paying attention to what you're doing.....seem to have a habit of that. :8

Latest posts