Balxie's Gold Adventures videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HeadsUp said:
nice work buddy :)

whats your junk to gold ratio there ?

30:1 ?

50:1 ?

Junk isn't so bad, today i picked up maybe 9 bits of junk and 3 nuggets.. then after the 3 nuggets, i moved down the gully, and picked up about 15 bits of lead shot.. pain in the arse.

Got out again today, nothing but trash, and a 2 foot hole someone else left open, big rusted pick head at the bottom, i refilled it..

No gold, just a bunch of bullets, copper jacket off something 30 cal.. and a 3-9x40 scope someone lost (cheap knock off tasco)

Great vid Balx! Funny I just bought an Angus McKirk as well .... same sentiment, got tired of lugging pump, hoses & high banker ..... also much more serene experience without the sound of the pump buzzing in the background. Hope to head out your way in the Spring.

Cheers

Drewe.

Mr Sism said:
Great vid Balx! Funny I just bought an Angus McKirk as well .... same sentiment, got tired of lugging pump, hoses & high banker ..... also much more serene experience without the sound of the pump buzzing in the background. Hope to head out your way in the Spring.

Cheers

Drewe.
Yeah heaps better for sure, Give us a hoy when you do mate, Been along time since the Forum day. Cheers Balx

Thanks for the vid Balx, a quick question if I may? Does it catch the gems or do they bounce out? I'm thinking about getting the grub steak sine we have a little less water up this way :)

Prospector B said:
Thanks for the vid Balx, a quick question if I may? Does it catch the gems or do they bounce out? I'm thinking about getting the grub steak sine we have a little less water up this way :)
It will catch tiny ones, not sure how it would go with decent size ones, although they did use a mackirk to catch rubies on Ice cold gold i think I read that on their website. Check it out angusmackirk.com cheers Balx PS yep they used the "long Tommy"

Hit up good old Heart Attack Creek and got some pretty good gold, This is the last video with that rubbish camera so next time I will be coming to you in HD. If you like them please hit the like button just to let me gauge if its still worth doing. Also you can subscribe to the channel by clicking on the Youtube link. 87 countries have now watched my adventures, Just shows there is a whole lot of Gold fever out there. How good is it now that it is warming up. Enjoy Cheers Balx
Ps Hope to see you all up at Eldorado in November.

Im a fulltime house Dad so "work" goes to kinder twice a week and I go Panning, Only have 4 months left till the youngest is at school then its back to building fences and a lot less videos sadly. Well unless I find a good spot, hahaha. Cheers Balx

Thanks for bunging up an other vid Balx.
They keep the fever going for us that don't get to go out that often.

I woulda thought Heartattack Track would have been too greasy to get up again? Obviously not.

Nice looking colours you got :)

Ag Man said:
Thanks for bunging up an other vid Balx.
They keep the fever going for us that don't get to go out that often.

I woulda thought Heartattack Track would have been too greasy to get up again? Obviously not.

Nice looking colours you got :)
The jeep eats it up mate. ;)

Nice work Blax. Where is your little co-star, haven't seen him out for a while.
Obviously the sides of that gully are still shedding some good gold.
That gully would have seen some attention back in the day and you can only assume the chunkies you are getting are recently shed.

backcreek said:
Nice work Blax. Where is your little co-star, haven't seen him out for a while.
Obviously the sides of that gully are still shedding some good gold.
That gully would have seen some attention back in the day and you can only assume the chunkies you are getting are recently shed.
Young bloke has started kinder so I go on kinder days. Also hard for him in the winter as it takes about 7seconds for him to decide it's swim time. Not only did the old timers work that creek it was was dredged in the 80's also. Spoke to a bloke that did really well there and was surprised I was getting anything. Just shows how active the erosion is. Cheers Balx

Spent a week up at Eldorado for the school holidays this is from the 3 days I had the kids up there. Wasnt looking promising when we got there, she was roaring. Such a great place to camp, plenty of animals to have a look at. Got some decent gold, even tried to drop it back in the creek as you will see. Cant believe how fine the gold is that the Mackirk will still grab.

Great video Balx, should have my new sluice this weekend with a bit of luck and I'm itching to use it after watching this clip, I can feel a sickie or two coming on.

kelack said:
great work well done

welcome to the forum kelack , you're welcome to come out for a dig if you bring your 3 sisters in that avatar photo ;)

by the way this is not sexist coz if any female forum members are offended i will just bring a spare half naked fireman stripper pole dancer for them to play with.

now thats equality for ya girls !

great vid balx...looks like an awesome time with the kids.

Spewing I can't make it up there for the meet up

cheers

Latest posts