Whites TDI pro coin hunting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Well iv had my first "official" coin hunt with the TDI pro (other than some testing in the backyard)
These are the settings iv been using from a few different Internet forums.
Gain -mid range, delay -10, GB with switch in all (generally 9) then flick switch into high and turn the GB back to 4.
With these settings it will blank out over trash. This is what iv found.
1401751949_image.jpg

You will discriminate 5c 10c 20c 50c at these setting just like a VLF you don't have to but I hate digging all the other crap that falls with them. You will tho detect 1c 2c $1 $2 penny's & silvers at crazy depths, some of the 1c coins were 9" deep!
The jag car (needs front diff) & the other2 items with it I could have left as sweeping on direction gave a nice wisk low coin tone and the other direction was a little drawn out so next time I won't dig them but look I found a classic car!
All the coins and aluminium bottle tops gave such a sweet coin tone from all sides I was sure they were all coins.
Oh the big flat thing is a penny that was found in the park next to the railway it was atleast 1 foot deep I nealy gave up on it.
Next hunt could be in a few weeks but I'll only dig the sure targets. Cheers. Oh you need a powerful pin pointer!

Nice work, sounds like you have got a good handle on the TDI pro, good machines , a lot of people still sceptical about the TDI and go for minelabs but myself i could not justify the money spent on Minelab and after Due Diligence on all the machines I ended up with the TDI pro myself and am having a lot of fun with it.

Yep fun machine to use' I couldn't get anymore from the GMT so I bought the TDI now I think I've found enough detector to keep me busy for a while' until...

That's some impressive depth. Appears to tick both hunt boxes, great share, Id love to see this go over some of the haunts for pre decs that have been hit to death to see if anything else will come out but that penny depth is really punching. The TDI is certainly proving itself capable, I can see you getting alot of good from it for many days to come.

Found my first button today found in Nan's back yard, they were made in 1914 and belonged to my wife's pop. Nan's 99 this year.
1402818125_image.jpg

It has Australian military forces on the front and on the back P.-. King? Melb.
It cleaned up ok but a bit hard to read, it was found about 7" deep and gave a nice sweet tone it could have been still deeper and I would have found it.
I didn't have long but next trip there it put on a bigger coil as I only had the coiltek 10x5.

Hey zuke,

Gave those settings a cracked absolutely spot on had a cracked at the beach. Couldn't believe it picked up nothing but gold coins. $8 in 30 mins then flicked it to the low and first up 10c bugger. Will post a pick up of the loot at a later date.

Oh FYI if you get a tone that goes wiz zzzzz boing boing it's probably a horse shoe. Lol. The things you find... lol

Well done Newbie works pretty darn good as a coin detector and disc's like a VLF.

Seems like a very versatile machine zuke. Good at relic and coin hunting and from what i have seen not bad on gold too. Nice finds by the way. :)

When I get a chance soon I'm going to do a few short video's and post them on youtube maybe by the end of the year'.

Can't wait. If I want a technology goose I'd put something up. Can't even post a link in the forum. The tdi or the gmt I'm all for that mate.