Whites SPP information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree the Whites manuals could be improved.

I'd still bet the charger has an automatic cutoff as it's a fairly standard feature these days, and I know the supplied charger that ships with the TDI Pro has it. Hopefully a fellow SPP owner will be able to comment on the status of the LED once fully charged, my guess is it'll turn off but I can't comment for sure.

Well you were right. I just checked the charger and the green light was off . Red remained on. I imagine that indicates the charge cycle has finished.

Green light means power is on.

Red light on means charging.

Red light off means charger is in battery maintenance mode or pack is to hot or cold for charging.

At least that is what it says on the front of my SPP charger. Took a few hours to charge, but believe that is normal/expected.

I know it's a bit of a pain, but can someone who has a SPP detector please upload a video so the rest of us can admire?
I would love to see one in action before I buy one interstate.

I just hope it will handle a bit of hot ground, I don't expect it to be a GPX5000, but a lot more economical for a 2nd detector than the SDC2300.

Maybe I should ask Gold Search Australia to upload something, as they will benefit at the end of the day?

Thanks

GD

So has anyone got an update on how the SPP is performing out in the field? I'm saving my pennies to get my first pulse detector (budget around $1200) so it's either an SPP, an F1A4 or possibly an older model minelab.

The SPP sounds like a winner in regards to ease of use and weight but I'd like to hear of more people finding gold with it..

Hi all,

I've had a good three days with my new SPP and find it a pleasure to use, its great in hot ground, its easy to GB, it maintains a very stable threshold, its not to hard on batteries.

The only time it struggles detecting is in Basalt loaded ground. I'm yet to find a detector that can run smoothly in Basalt, and the SPP is no exception.

My finds so far have been the usual array of screws, nails and bullets no gold to speak of; however I did find a mongrel looking specie that gave a bit of a signal, its been thoroughly cleaned and there's no visible gold at all:( it's going into the dolly pot today:) I'll let you all know how that ends up :)

PS. the wife found two pieces with the 3500 last weekend (I still cant believe it) a .03 and a .04 she's very much in tune with the ML.

Jim & Kerrie

Hi Jim - hopefully that specci has got something hidden inside it for you. Got one like that earlier this year in Victoria & when cracked open had a nice little show of gold hidden inside.

Thats good going with the GP3500 - were they .03-04 or 0.3-0.4? If they were .03 & .04 that is great detecting (still great at 0.3-0.4)!

Jim once we work out how to add the conductivity switch to the SPP you can switch into Low and cancel out most basalt and run smooth as silk...

Hi. All. Iv'e been hunting around all over the place trying to get a look at the TDI/TDISL circuit board to see if there is any difference. So far ,no luck! Tis interesting though that other plug places on the SPP board that Don't have a plug fitted, ie Pulse width....and another one I can't remember, don't even exist as controls on the TDI Sl. The ones that do exist on the TDI Sl and are in fact on the SPP circuit board ie. Pulse Delay and Conductivity.( but no LED Plug) look like they are ready for plug and play. I can only assume that maybe the original TDI used these other controls or they are just on the board but have never been used. Anyway as you can probably tell, I for one am hanging out for the Cond. switch. It would make a world of difference to the SPP.

I'll work it out in time but one could possibly order the switch and loom for a "TDI sl" drill a hole and plug it in Dean @ goldsearch maybe able to order one though parts tho it will still make your warranty void.

My TDI would have high toned a nugget that size - is the SPP one tone only? I certainly like the threshold tone a lot more than the TDI though! Almost have me convinced to offload the 5k and 'downgrade' back to a whites...

Just another small point Zuke, if your watching. The missing pulse delay pot! As we know there seems to be a tiny internal pot to set the delay at the fixed 10us. If we were to go ahead and fit the missing control to the vacant plug, have you any idea whether that would be affected by the fixed pot they have on the board? ,ie would we be able to adjust the delay by turning the pot we plug in or would it have no effect??? :(

I wouldn't adjust the internal pot it's very touchy and most likely already set at the min it can to run correctly. Adding a delay pot should have no affect on the internal pot as the TDI pro has an internal adjustment as well. I'm still unsure at this stage if anything needs to be desoldered to add either.

The little sadie is a fine coil, it does give the odd false signal when it scrubbed up against a rock or even grass but it goes surprisingly deep for a small coil. I have ordered a razorback 10X6 mono. Cant wait for it to arrive.

Latest posts