Lamberts Stones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Col , you've given me hope yet , those 5 cent peices are smaller than your photo :eek:

Here are mine , would you say that they could be cut ?

These are the biggest translucent ones
1372331561_photo0128.jpg

These are the biggest 2
1372331638_photo0129.jpg

This is the rest, including spinel , (I thought they were black sapphires) :8
1372331712_photo0130.jpg

Cant get sharp photos with my Nokia

Reckon it might be a bit of a push with the smaller stones mate. I'd grab a set of calipers and give them a measure if they are 2mm or more then they should cut. The bigger non translucent ones should be ok if you get them cabochon-ed.

Cheers

Col

Good looking batch there Col, do you ask for maximum weight or calibrated sizes?

Hey Joe,

I ask for max weight VS/Eye clean, figure if Lee is going to be making Jewellery when we get older it'll all be custom stuff ;) .
Mum's 60th pressie will be a custom jobbie which is what started our whole Sapphire fever :D

Col

Awesome Col, think I have to give my wife a new hobby :) making jewellery

Your mum will love it mate.

Had a coffee with your friend from CER couple of weeks ago.

hehehe once she starts she wont stop :)

Lee said you had coffee with Mick, we'll probably have a thermos tomorrow if your around

Cheers

Col

Ah yes, tomorrow wish I could - hmm GG still showery, not sure about Tuena water should be down by now.ChrisM rang me today gold fever still high :)

Just got into internet service area following a trip to Mud Tanks zircon filed, Harts Range & the Entire Valley received an Email from lamberts that noted the following
"Lambert will once again be sponsoring Gemfest in Anakie Queensland Australia August 8-11th. Please plan on coming by with any cutting parcels you would like to drop off or any stones that need setting into jewellery. We look forward to meeting our customers! Feedback is important to us. "

You might like to see Eric Forbes & Team at the Gemfest with your stones for cutting. I've been very happy with their finished stones. Generally use them for stones that I can't be bothered to cut myself.

Pity we can't get up there it would be really good, to have a sticky beak. We don't cut our own yet but we'll get there ;)

Cheers

C&L

After seeing stones from lambert s twice now , I think what you pay for is what you get( no one can compete with the warm bodied labour, acceptable? That's up to you and your customer) Uneven and oBscure rounds are the norm in profile about the girdle ..,and the girdle! Omg , I understand why people get stones cut there but if you send a proper stone there( assuming you get the same one back) your now branded a murderer! Thank god for these guys , I'll be recutting the better of them in future.. Good luck selling stones with a 20 percent girdle ( and uneven)save your betters for someone who can do a job properly , not worth the recut.
They can make a heap of little stones pretty .. Butt I guess that's all they wil be .. A bunch of pretty little stones , just don't inspect with a loupe ! But you shouldn't even need that to see the reason not to send a good stone there..

Latest posts