Whites TDI Pro Chest Harness, Yes or No?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm just days away from ordering my brand spanking new TDI Pro and I'm currently deciding whether or not to purchase the optional chest mount harness. I'd like to hear from some of the TDI Pro users in regards to whether or not arm fatigue is an issue.

Nugget the TDI pro has a belt clip from factory' the actual unit doesn't weigh much at all you probably wouldn't use the chest harness, just remember your strapped in like a minelab then. Make sure you get the TDI stand tho it will protect the bottom when you sit in down.
I'm looking forward to others comments on the harness as iv often thought about getting one but just don't see the need.

g'day nugget
gotta agree with zuke ,once you get your arm used to swinging detectors (for people new to detecting) the tdi is easy to swing all day. all the whites are especially with a joey coil.
in my opinion the money for the harness would be better spent on a 14" coil in the future incase you get into deeper ground.
regards tm

Thanks guys, I thought as much, I'll probably give it a miss for the time being.

Just on the stand, can it be used in conjunction with the control box cover?

Not sure nugget' you could put the screws through the cover.
Razorback do a few covers aswell they might work with the stand.

The TDI is well balanced and its not heavy and bulky.

Its just a matter of getting used to it and make sure the conductivity switch is on the right setting
and you have the right coil for the right conditions and swing it slowly over lapping each swing.

Thanks guys. I'm planning on getting a NF 6x8" Sadie coil to start with as the terrain I plan on working is quite rough in some places.

I reckon you have it worked out Nugget' soon to realize the same I did' The TDI pro can do everything and does a great job at it.

I think once I've mastered the TDI Pro I'll have to put a few videos up online, there seems to be lack of information when it comes to this machine and this alone can make the purchase a little daunting.

I remember when I brought the AT Gold, I watched 50 or more hours of videos before handing over the cash. Although I'm already sold on the TDI Pro it'd just be nice to find that ultimate video that says "yes, this machine is the shiz" :lol:, but I guess time will tell.

If your going for small gold look for the shallow alluvial leads that were once rich in gold via some research.

You will see in some cases lots of pebbles, small bits of ironstone, gravel and not much dirt. A nice large magnet thrown on the
ground will reveal the ironstone.

What I would do too is take with you a gold pan. If you find a few very small bits in an area say 1 metre x 1 metre
wash that soil because there could be more there you can not pick up with your detector. I have a small self circulating
high banker for this where no creek is needed and the water is recycled in a bucket which I am yet to use.

Its all about having fun and don't forget to swing it slow.

Nugget, I wouldn,t go to a chest mount or bungy cord system i would use a swing arm.

1406328337_swing_arm.jpeg

I use this with my GPX5000 this gives you options 1- lay the coil completely onto the ground and skid the coil over ground only lifting the coil to check ground balance. 2- hover just above the ground as normal. 3- remove arm from detector grasp detector by cuff strap and slide coil under bushes, logs etc. This system gives you 2 meters of reach with out moving your feet, very handy.

Bungy cords are a pain in the A** as far as i am concerned they are either to high or to low etc.

Unless you plan to go into water this obtion will be ideal for you and it gives you more options and uses over the chest mount.

Bolt one of these to your tdi and you will be amazed how the second arm helps with the weight of the unit and comfort. :)

Totally agree with roscoe Iv got the swing arm for my larger coil but the TDI pro doesn't really have the need for one on smaller coils.

Roscoe said:
Nugget, I wouldn,t go to a chest mount or bungy cord system i would use a swing arm.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1615/1406328337_swing_arm.jpeg

I use this with my GPX5000 this gives you options 1- lay the coil completely onto the ground and skid the coil over ground only lifting the coil to check ground balance. 2- hover just above the ground as normal. 3- remove arm from detector grasp detector by cuff strap and slide coil under bushes, logs etc. This system gives you 2 meters of reach with out moving your feet, very handy.

Bungy cords are a pain in the A** as far as i am concerned they are either to high or to low etc.

Unless you plan to go into water this obtion will be ideal for you and it gives you more options and uses over the chest mount.

Bolt one of these to your tdi and you will be amazed how the second arm helps with the weight of the unit and comfort. :)

Thanks Roscoe, I've decided I probably won't need any additional support whilst using the Sadie coil but I'll certainly keep the swing arm in mind for when / if I buy some larger coils.

Latest posts