PMAV General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll have to go through pmav to get a contact number, its not on a list as such. Secondly three event, the launch has already happened, May 28th, but they proposed a flailing trip for this weekend in Maryborough. As far as I'm aware it went ahead. Hopefully thpse in charge will come over to the forum and have some input. Looks like you and me missed a great day though buddy.

Hi Everyone,

In answer to questions above & I apologise for not putting the information up here, but I haven't been on the forum for a while due to many distractions!

PMAV Bendigo Branch is now up & running. Our 1st recruitment meeting was advertised in as many places we could think of including 3BO & The Advertiser so thought we would get it out to everyone.

Lynnie Hindle is President Ph No. 0408 313665, Luke Atkins is Vice President & his Ph. No. is 0498 239 989, Alan Lee is Secretary whose no. I don't have to hand at the moment & I am Treasurer, Trish & my no. is 0407 508850

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to call.

We had a camp out at Paddy's Ranges over the Queens Birthday W'end & had about 30 people camping over & we had a few more people join.

I think to date we have 23 PMAV members already.

Meeting dates are as follows & will be held at Nottley Camping Ground in the Whipstick so that members or non-members can camp for the w'end if they wish.

Our next meeting will be on Sat. 26th July then Sat. 30th August, then Sat. 27th September, then Sat. 25th October. These are the ones we have arranged so far.

We are also holding a raffle with a 2 day training tour for 1 person to the value of $650. Raffle tickets are $5 each & will be drawn on the 9th August. Tour dates are 6th & 7th September.

I will post up bank details & a link to the tour later tonight. If anyone wishes to purchase tickets they can do so at our next meeting on the 26th July at Nottley, or deposit into our bank account with your Surname & the reference Raffle.

We hope to get many more members on board to support this wonderful hobby of ours.

Thanks Trish :)

PMAV Bendigo branch is running a raffle - The tickets are $5 each and will be drawn on Saturday 9th August at the Notley Camping ground, Whipstick National Park - The prize is valued at $650 and is for one person - Its a two day seminar with Andrew Greckie Grech from Golden Triangle Tours on 6th & 7th September - Our branch account is BSB 633000 Account number 152099685, Name is PMAV Bendigo Branch. You can go into any Bendigo Bank branch and deposit the cash or transfer the funds electronically - All you need to do is put your SURNAME and the word RAFFLE -http://www.goldentriangletours.com.au/

We are looking for lots of local (and not so local) support for our new Branch - so it would be fantastic to see everyone get on board.

Thanks

Trish

Nugget said:
I've invited the PMAV to be a part of Prospecting Australia several times now but they have showed little interest in doing so (never replied). I've recently been talking to Lynnie from the Bendigo branch and hope to change this very soon.

Gidday members, yes we are official and would like to introduce myself - I am the President of the PMAV Bendigo Branch and would like to take the opportunity of working with this fantastic forum and with Nugget.

I have spoken with Rita Bentley PMAV President and Wallace Young, Secretary of the PMAV and they both support me 100% in this forum.

Previous discussions of this forum was discussed in a preliminary fashion at the last PMAV Committee meeting. PMAV know that they should be more involved with this forum. We need to come to a satisfactory means of using this forum's strengths. We should be using this forum to

1) better understand the political mountains that we are up against,

2) construct actionable plans to get our desired changes, and

3) helping the members have a real political impact on their local members.

At the moment, PMAV are not effectively using the potential power of our fellow prospectors via forums, other than Rita Bentley PMAV President, the PMAV does not always get involved with social media. Nor are we seriously integrated with other forums and especially this forum. :)

But this will change from now. So whatever I can do as the President of the Bendigo PMAV Branch, I will do my up most to help members here. But I cannot do this alone and I need all fellow prospectors to get behind me and our committee and join this great branch that we now have in Bendigo. If you reside in the following and surrounding areas, we need your support : :D

BROADFORD, HEATHCOTE, TOOBORAC, NAGAMBIE, ECHUCA, SHEPPARTON, BENALLA, MALDON, CASTLEMAINE, CHEWTON, MARYBOROUGH, DUNOLLY, EAGLEHAWK, KANGAROO FLAT, GISBORNE, WERRIBEE - ANY AREA WILL HELP US IMMENSELY - Even if you wish to renew your membership, you can renew it to our new Bendigo PMAV Branch :D

I also apologise for not letting members know of our inaugural PMAV Bendigo branch meeting at the Notley camping ground and our last camp out here on this forum and yes it was very successful and 25 members turned up for the camp out at Paddys Ranges State Park, Maryborough :)

Meeting dates are as follows & will be held at Notley Camping Ground in the Whipstick so that members or non-members can camp for the weekend if they wish.
Our next meeting will be on Sat. 26th July then Sat. 30th August, then Sat. 27th September, then Sat. 25th October. Meeting times are 9 am. These are the ones we have arranged so far. We will also arrange more camping trip weekends as the months progress.

Thank you for supporting us and our great hobby

Cheers

Lynnie Hindle
President PMAV
Bendigo Branch

A personal thanks to you both for your great responses, and I'm very grateful you have got the ball rolling, a strong connection here I think is of great mutual benefit. Membership is from July 1st, correct me if I'm wrong? I will certainly be paying dues forward on the commencement of this date, and look forward to having future personal meetings with all those involved in the new Bendigo branch, and to the PMAV having a presence here, that is the best news I've heard all day. Regards GT.

Goldtarget said:
A personal thanks to you both for your great responses, and I'm very grateful you have got the ball rolling, a strong connection here I think is of great mutual benefit. Membership is from July 1st, correct me if I'm wrong? I will certainly be paying dues forward on the commencement of this date, and look forward to having future personal meetings with all those involved in the new Bendigo branch, and to the PMAV having a presence here, that is the best news I've heard all day. Regards GT.

Thanks GT and yes I too am looking forward to meeting up with some of the members here. Membership is due 30th June 2015, so if any existing member who wants to transfer their dues over to our branch, you are most welcome to.

Our branch has fought hard to get this off the ground and now we finally have our targets set on gaining more members in this wonderful hobby that we love.

Looking forward to catching up with existing members and new members on our next meeting.

Cheers

Lynnie Hindle

GarrettGirl said:
Goldtarget said:

Thanks GT and yes I too am looking forward to meeting up with some of the members here. Membership is due 30th June 2015, so if any existing member who wants to transfer their dues over to our branch, you are most welcome to.

Our branch has fought hard to get this off the ground and now we finally have our targets set on gaining more members in this wonderful hobby that we love.

Looking forward to catching up with existing members and new members on our next meeting.

Cheers

Lynnie Hindle

Hey Lynnie,

I'm just wondering what you mean by "if any existing member who wants to transfer their dues over to our branch?", are the PMAV branches independent or something?

Cheers,
Nugget

Hi there Nugget,

If members here of this forum are current members of the PMAV, when their membership is up for renewal, they can transfer from their current branch i.e. Melbourne, Ballarat etc, to our Bendigo Branch.

Yes Branches technically do not exist. The PMAV have kept them out of the rules for the sake of simplicity. Each branch is an informal gathering of members.

I hope this answers your questions

Cheers

Lynnie

:)

Rita needs help

I need a photo of modern sluicing suitable for the Echo ie high resolution and very clear.

Need it immediately please. I dont want something from the web that I will get into trouble for using, I need a photo from someones collection.

Thank you

Rita

Rita Bentley

President, Prospectors and Miners Association of Victoria Inc.

Phone: 0408 328 640

Email [email protected]

So I hope some one can help

TheDigger

Hope these pics will help,
I take my little girl prospecting when I can, she loves it !
1403964808_image.jpg

1403964831_image.jpg

1403964848_image.jpg
1403964860_image.jpg
1403964871_image.jpg

Gidday members,

PMAV Bendigo Branch made it into The Bendigo Advertiser today :D They came and did a story on me yesterday at the Bendigo Gem Club, so I wanted to share this with all prospectors and PMAV members on how successful our branch has become. Please support our wonderful association - We made it in the Roll of Honours ;)

Cheers

Lynnie Hindle
PMAV Bendigo Branch
President
1406257241_pmav_bendigo_ady.jpg

wombat said:
Well done Lynnie. I hope to see you tomorrow at the meeting.
wombat ;)

Looking forward to your visit Wombat

Cheers

Lynnie

Well done guys, if I lived a little closer I would have more involvement for sure. I do hope to make it down your way within the next 12 months so I'll definitely be in touch when I do.

P.S. For any of our VIC members who haven't already joined the PMAV, please consider doing so as they're doing a fantastic job at protecting your prospecting rights.

Nugget said:
Well done guys, if I lived a little closer I would have more involvement for sure. I do hope to make it down your way within the next 12 months so I'll definitely be in touch when I do.

P.S. For any of our VIC members who haven't already joined the PMAV, please consider doing so as they're doing a fantastic job at protecting your prospecting rights.

Thank You Nugget,

and yes would love to catch up with you when you head down to Vic. I agree, please consider joining this fantastic organisation cause we do a bloody awesome job of informing you of new areas that may be opened in the future and to protect and preserve your rights to prospect.

Even if you have a query on a certain park at National, Regional or State level, then please let me know and I will do my best to answer to help you. Hopefully most members would have received their latest copy of the Eureka Echo, which is a very informative magazine.

Cheers

Lynnie
:) :D :)

Need some feed back what if we all join the PMAV AND make it national eg PMAA because they seem to be doing all the work on the politicial arena just a thought JB

Latest posts