Detech Coil information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystyk59

Bill
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone has tried the detech coils and if so are they any good, they claim to be as good as if not better than the commander range !
:cool:

Haha, you saw that on ebay too?

Detech go alright in the world of VLF and are known for their 'Ultimate' and 'SEF' coils. A PI Mono coil is ridiculously simple to make so if it is waterproof then yep it'll perform better than a commander :D

Yep good ol fleabay ! Hmm , i want a new nuggetfinder first but it might be worth a look at in the future . Thanks Ben :cool:

It just started playing up , cant put it anywhere near the ground it just starts screaming , have sprayed the contacts now with electrical contact spray in case it is dust built up as suggested by a mate of mine, so will see if that works next chance i have to go out for a swing.

Hi Guys
Detech coils are now be available in Australia!

Stability and sensitivity excellent. These coils have been extensively tested here in Australia with fantastic results.

We are selling the complete and comprehensive range of coils to suit the GPX GP & SD Minelab machines.
Spare coil covers will be carried here in Australia as well.

New coils are still being developed as we speak and I look forward to bringing you further information as it becomes available.

Check out our Australian website at http://www.detech-metaldetectorsaustralia.com.au

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Regards Stinky

Myself and a couple of mates are trying out the new range of Detech coils up here in the NT with the Aussie distributor for them. Yesterday i had a swing with the 15 x 8 mono and was pleasantly surprised with its sensitivity. I found 2 bits in a well thrashed area that went 0.13 and 0.11 ! I had a swing of the prototype 15 x 10 today in the same area. Found no gold but i love the coil , its lightweight for its size just over 600 gms and very quiet. Will be using it again tomorrow and hopefully getting some colour with it. Peter was using the 12" round mono and got 2 nice specis and a very nice 3.9 gm nugget with it. So i can give honest good feedback so far on them. We will be trying out all the range between the 5 of us in the coming few days so will let you know the pros and cons of each one as we go.
Regards Bill :cool:

Initial reports sound promising Bill, will be eagerly awaiting your final opinion on the coils. Make sure the coils don't get all those nuggets up there, so I still have half a chance when next I'm in your area. :eek: Cheers Wal. :)

1369403991_100_0331.jpg

Here are the nuggets i found over the last few days with the Detech coils i was helping to test out here in Tennant. They were found in heavily detected areas and i was pleased with the results , A bit tired at the moment so will give you all my opinions on the coils i tested tomorrow .
Regards Bill

Ok gang,
Here is my report on the Detech range of coils. Peter the Australian distributor (aka Stinky on the forum) arrived in Tennant with 11 Detech coils to try out up here. We have a variety of ground types here. Large deposits of magnetite, quiet , heavy mineralised and salt areas. The spinifex is very heavy at the moment due to the wet season we got this year. The coils he brought up were the 15" x 8", 14" x 10" deepseeker, 11" round, 12.5" round, 18' round monos and 2 prototype monos , the 15 x 10 and the 18 X 12". And also the 18"x 15" SEF DD. The first thing that impressed me was the fact that all the coils are fully waterproof . I already had 2 mutual mates from Victoria staying here with myself and Kate , Tommo and Mike . Dale came around and we all decided to try them out at the most flogged spot we knew, the public fossicking area at Warrego (Known locally as Mad Micks). This area has been detected by every grey nomad who comes through Tennant for years and its where Dale and myself take newbies for their first swing as it still produces some fly poop size pieces. We went to a spot there that myself and Dale have been over many times before and have given up on as dead. I will start with the first one. The 15 x 8. I picked up 2 pieces there with it both at a depth of approx 2 inches a foot or so apart , they were 0.11 and 0.13. The coil itself was very quiet with minimal interference from being knocked against rocks and spinifex. I was impressed as i have swung over this spot a few times and thought i had got everything i could from it ! We all went home with a bit of colour that day with Peter getting the best results for the day including a nice 3.9 gram nugget !. Day 2 i got the chance to use the prototype 15 x 10. First thing was i was surprised to discover how light it was for its size, i believe it goes just over 600 gms. Again great sensitivity and depth with this coil. Pulled a 0.6 piece out with this one and again in a thrashed spot.Day 3 we had a day off for a war conference :) Maps out and planning routes to likely spots ! Day 4 was my turn at the 14x10 deepseeker in another of our patches. This coil was heavy compared to the other one but it does what it says, it goes deep , found a 0.3 at about 3 inches and a truckload of tiny bits of wire etc deep in a spot that i had gone over many many times and missed them before.My only criticism with this one was i found it a bit noisier than the others but thats the trade off for the increased depth. Plus i swing the 4000 and Dale didnt find it as big a problem with his 5000. Another area day 5 .I wanted to try out the 11'' round as i have been using the commander 11'' round quite a bit lately and wanted to see how it compared. 2 pieces that went 0.8 each. Definitely a rival for the commander. The next couple of days i spent using the 12.5 round in untried ground with Tommo while the other lads concentrated on tried and tested ground. Unfortunately i didnt get anything with this one apart from the bits of rust etc that we all love to hate. But out of the 5 coils i tried out i got gold with 4 of them. And i cant complain about that. I have to say that my favourites were the 15x8 and definitely the 15x10 prototype. i will definitely buy a 15 x 10 when they come into production. The skid plates fit like a glove and Peter cleaned the coils at night by immersing them in the sink of water and wiping them off with a cloth so i can verify that they are really waterproof.The final proof of the pudding is that Peter went home with 21 grams of Tennant Creek gold and 5 specis , in one week he used all of his range and got gold with them all. ! I am really pleased that i was one of the first to try out these coils and especially the prototype and i believe there is a serious rival to the current coil makers in particular coiltek and commander ranges.The prices are very competitive. Hope this helps any of you that are thinking of buying a new coil in the future and i look forward to hearing what others think of them
regards Bill

Thanks for the feedback Bill. Looks like they're competitive in quality, so i guess if they're competitive in price they'll be a real contender. Any idea when they'll be on the market and who the distributors will be...???

Cheers Wal, :)

WalnLiz said:
Thanks for the feedback Bill. Looks like they're competitive in quality, so i guess if they're competitive in price they'll be a real contender. Any idea when they'll be on the market and who the distributors will be...???

Cheers Wal, :)

Hey Wal apart from the 18x10 and the 18x12 prototypes they are already available here , if you contact Peter (Stinky on this forum) he can give you all the info on them.
Regards Bill :cool:

G'day Stinky Pete,

Had a quick look through your web page. Is there any way of contacting you guys via Phone or email.??? Don't seem to have any contact info for personal inquiries. Do you have a Victorian address for mail inquiries. Thanks Pete.

Cheers Wal. :)

WalnLiz said:
G'day Stinky Pete,

Had a quick look through you web page. Is there any way of contacting you guys via Phone or email.??? Don't seem to have any contact info for personal inquiries. Do you have a Victorian address for mail inquiries. Thanks Pete.

Cheers Wal. :)
Hey Wal will pm you his mobile no, he hasnt got 10 posts up yet
regards Bill

Stinky Pete already has access to PM's as he's registered as a dealer on the forum.

Cheers,
Nugget

Latest posts