Young Victoria and a pair of Crowns.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver

silver
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this 1881 shilling I dug up.
1394283546_sam_1014.jpg

Victoria looks alright
1394284154_sam_1015.jpg

And a pair of crowns, I dug one up and later on went back and cranked the sensitivity all the way up. I figured these things must come as pairs, and sure enough, now I have the set !
1394284330_sam_1016.jpg

And here is a close up of the one on the right.
1394284532_sam_1010.jpg

If I didn't think about it all, I'd of only had the one to show.
Does any one know anything about these Crowns(they were not found at the same spot as the Shilling) ?

I couldn't believe it when I found it, almost looked like what you're seeing now
Paulmarr said:
Nice finds - that shilling is in nice condition! ;)

You're extremely lucky you found the pair, well done!
I didn't comment on the shilling, nice piece :)
Mmmmm silver... Lol

SF

Here is a "The Italy Star" medal that I found, it was issued to the allied military that served in Italy during WW2. It's a bit dinged up but that's ok, the other side is blank.
1404126918_sam_2557.jpg

Nice find there Silver!

I found a WWII medal myself a number of months back. I contacted the War Memorial who tracked down the daughter. On Monday just gone (30/6) I met up with the ACT Heritage Library and the daughter (husband too) and I handed the medal to her. She was over the moon. I did create a post for it (https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5911), later this week there will be a story posted on their blog and opened to the media, I will post into my post so everyone can have a read. :)

silver said:
Here is a "The Italy Star" medal that I found, it was issued to the allied military that served in Italy during WW2. It's a bit dinged up but that's ok, the other side is blank.

The Italy Star has no defining marks on it that link it to any individuals, so there is no way of tracking down anyone who would have owned it. It was given out to thousands of diggers who served over there during that time. And I will now look after it with the respect it deserves and pass it on to an appropriate home at the end of my time with it.

Nice little bro there Redfin, gold and silver look nice together too.
Makes you wonder what finding an old broken down leather bag full of sovereigns , halfs, and a good array of silvers would leave any one of us feeling like.(would look really good).

Gday silver-fox,
Very thoughtful and respectful of you
in returning the medal to the family of
the original owner.
More power to you and happy hunting.
Cheers Steve

Latest posts