Whites GMZ detector information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just purchased a Whites GMT from auction site USA.

Total price $550 AUS delivered to my front door.

Its a 1 owner and had it verified by Jimmy S.

Even the older whites goldmaster detectors work well on the small stuff, despite their ageing technology. I think there is a reason for sticking with the same (or similar frequency) for so long, because it works, and works well. Amazing to see so many satisfied GMZ owners come out of the woodwork to spruike their machines, on ya guys. :)

Has anyone out there given the newer model SGT a go? :)

Wolfau, I am now officially jealous, always wanted to give the GMT a burl. ;)

Yep had a SGT when they first came out as it doesn't have VSAT we couldn't get the gain above 4-5 so we canned it and traded it back in with disappointment.
now I have studied and learnt a lot more about whites Tech & detector circuitry, I reckon I could have popped the case apart and adjusted the internal pot for Ground balance and all would have been fine (voiding warranty of course). I'd suggest swiping one second hand so warranty isn't a issue and it could make a real interesting machine that would be slightly better than the GMZ.
Paired with a garret infinuim or whites SPP one would be covered as small gold doesn't pay' its just fun to find so it's not really worth spending $1000 on a GMT with the new SPP around.
Iv had the lid off the GMZ now that the warranty is long over and the ground pot had been moved from factory settings (paint scratched off) my guess from gold search dunolly so if one bought a whites detector from online or overseas I'd say the gains would not be able to set real high' is this why I can run my GMT wide open with high SAT speeds any where? but ppl complain that they can't on there's? Maybe our whites distributer at goldsearch in dunolly really do there job and give them a quick tune? If YOU have a whites detector out there that cannot have the gain turned up real high maybe it just needs a tune instead of putting it on eBay and spending $7000 on something else.

Paul at goldsearch dunolly is the man to see about getting your whites detector serviced or tuned but just note he is always busy with the shop and projects it could take a week turn around for it to be completed so sending it to then with a letter of what's it's doing and what you would expect it to do might make things easier. (Please note a lot of problems are user error)

I have a GMZ, and so far have only really used it for coins at the beach and tot lots. I have been thinking of trading it and getting the SPP, as apparently it will be a lot more use at the beach. Even with the GMZ's salt selection, you can't stray much over the tide line without it going spaz. I've yet to swing it over any serious gold bearing ground. I gave it a run at Chapel Hill, but I didn't find any small coloured stuff amongst the mullock heaps. Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Goldpick said:
Even the older whites goldmaster detectors work well on the small stuff, despite their ageing technology. I think there is a reason for sticking with the same (or similar frequency) for so long, because it works, and works well. Amazing to see so many satisfied GMZ owners come out of the woodwork to spruike their machines, on ya guys. :)

Has anyone out there given the newer model SGT a go? :)

Wolfau, I am now officially jealous, always wanted to give the GMT a burl. ;)

I will keep you updated.

TTKooAU I'd keep the GMZ and pair it with the SPP once you find a area you will be glad you kept it they probably only give you $200 trade in ill pay you that if you don't decide to keep it.

Zuke_Lynzy said:
TTKooAU I'd keep the GMZ and pair it with the SPP once you find a area you will be glad you kept it they probably only give you $200 trade in ill pay you that if you don't decide to keep it.

Hey Zuke,
Missed your reply before. Yeah I'll probably keep the GMZ......probably worth more to me to keep it than as a trade in.

Latest posts