NSW State Forests Permit information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol,
Yes, use to be $22 for the whole state.
My old permit was standard price for 2 years for the whole state.

Sadly they might use this suggestion of changes to raise the fees...:(

Would b ok if they changed it to allow fossicking in SCA as well, then would be worth it.

I only got the run around over the last year or 2 trying to get answers
and changes to SCA access.

The old permits were $22 for 12 months & either covered the whole state or just one area depending on which office you got it from.
The new permits are $27.50 for 12 months & although they ask you for your most likely area of fossicking the new permits all cover the whole state!
Yes there has been a modest increase in annual fees but the process & permits are much more streamlined, easy to obtain & consistent in that all now cover the whole state instead of differing coverage in different offices.
SCA's are the domain of the National Parks & Wildlife Service & nothing to do with State Forests so even if/where fossicking was/is allowed they could not be on the same permit system as State Forests have no authority over them.

NAPFA said:
When you look at the maps just we aware that only the forest you open will show as available. this is a quirk in the way they have set it up. when you see an adjoining forest that has been hatched out (not availalbe) it probably is available but you need to go back into the forest menu and select that forest. Then it will be available and the other one will be unavailable. To my knowledge you cant selct mutiple forests.
Yeah each individual map will just show the detail of the forest in question.
Not sure if it was a quirk in setting it up or done purposely to highlight one forest at a time & it's boundaries. This is probably more important where State Forest boundaries adjoin National Park, SCA, Nature Reserves etc., rather than where they adjoin other State Forest/s, so as to highlight the actual individual forest boundary & to show each forests "no go zones" individually, where relevant, to stop cluttering of the page with more than one forests details?

Hey guys,I bought my permit online last week. Easy process to follow. Now the hard part,finding the gold and stones.

My NSW fossicking permit is almost due for renewal and I am wondering if the forestry mob is going to send out a renewal notice... do they or don't they??? :)

Under the old system I don't think so, but once registered on the new online system I believe you'll receive an email reminder. That's what I told anyway.

Mine ran out in May. Didn't get a reminder at all but renewed it before it expired - just went to the new online system & started my new permit from the expiry date of the old one. The online system allows you to choose what date your 12 month permit will start from. You will get a reminder via email under the new online system.

Thanks for that.. do you happen to have a linc to the new permit renewal site ? or tell me how to find it please.. I am not sure about renewing now or just before spring to get some extra time for my dough... :)
mbasko said:
Mine ran out in May. Didn't get a reminder at all but renewed it before it expired - just went to the new online system & started my new permit from the expiry date of the old one. The online system allows you to choose what date your 12 month permit will start from. You will get a reminder via email under the new online system.

Latest posts