recycling photos and preservation of our hobby

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
With the current talk about various parties trying to ban or limit our hobby i am trying to think of ways to improve our chances

Here is one thing we can do .

Keep buckets of the junk you recover when sluicing or detecting

If we get hassled by any Greens in the future we can produce photos of the bullets , shell casings , and other rusty steel rubbish that we recover as a by product of our hobby.

for the average detectorist gold recovery is around 50 - 100 pieces of rubbish recovered and recycled for every bit of gold found.

I have even heard of high-junk locations where the ratio is up to 200 pieces of rubbish recovered per bit of gold.

I have been at a spot in Tuena where 1.2 kg of lead shot was recovered in one day of sluicing

These records are an investment in our future

Keep records

keep photos

we may need them one day.

Can anyone supply me with photos of their junk they have retrieved while detecting and sluicing please ?

I want to compile a record of the environmental cleaning we do

lets face it , some of us recover 100 pieces of junk to every bit of gold so we might be classified as environmental cleaners more than gold prospectors.

jam that in your lilac blue hemp fabric pants Miss Green lobbyist :)

( disclaimer . i own shirts made of hemp . i am vegetarian , practiced yoga for 18 years and belong to a bushwalking club )

:p

Latest posts