Whites Goldmaster 4B

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
Spotted this up for sale on ebay.us, quite a rare precursor to the current GMT, don't think I have ever seen on up for sale before. Would be good for a tinkering toy, with a few minor repairs to fix her up. :) Have only used the GM-2 & GM-3 before, both fun detectors to use, although getting a bit long in the tooth now. :)

1401956402__57-2.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whites-Gold...281?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item2a3dd95f29

Hope your well Goldpick.

What year was this produced?

I picked up a whites gmt last week from the USA
for $450 us All up it will cost about $550 aus delivered.

Late 90's I think, around 97. It didn't sell well as it was pipped at the post by the Goldbug 2 which was released around the same time. It basically shifted all the controls into an MXT type control box setup, and moved the GB and pinpoint controls to the handpiece - pretty much the same as the GM3 other than changes to the ground balance tuning ratios, and a few other minor differences.

There are some crazy prices going on over in the US at the moment for detectors, even at the current exchange rate there are some real good buys. That GMT you bought was certainly a bargain, was probably the same one I was watching. ;)

I'd have to agree goldpick there all selling up old detectors ATM iv only been watching whites ones mainly the whites classic models 1-2-4-5id & PRL 1 as they would make a simple go to coin machine And they go so cheep like $50-$80. If your looking for a tiny gold machine consider the Gmz aswell if you can find one' I have one and would keep it over the GMT any day iv found gold just as small as the GMT and you can sweep quicker without concentrating on ground noise' it has a simple gain ground reject and single dig all tone works best with std coil.

Latest posts