trommels in nsw?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
just wondering do many people in nsw run trommels?? was looking into getting one. only small and fed with shovel. has anyone actually been done for using a small trommel in nsw? surely feeding with shovel and setting up away from the water so no silts go into the waterway and being smart about it shouldnt be to much of a issue what are peoples thoughts on this??

My thoughts are you can only use them on private property due to their mechanical nature, i.e. mechanical processing.

wow judging by page 3 cant do anything but pic n a pan. that page basically rules out pumps detectors n pretty much everythin we all use haha weird but cause wen im test panning I make alot more mess in the water than high banking.. confussed now :/ thanks for the info though!!

There has been a lot of debate on the forum about this exact subject mate. Pretty sure the end result was Highbankers are fine as the pump is only moving water and the water is then processing the material. Some one else might be able to better explain

Cheers

Col

Don't hold me to this ;) but I reckon a hand trommel would be ok, as it would not meet the definition of power operated equipment

Colin&Lee said:
Don't hold me to this ;) but I reckon a hand trommel would be ok, as it would not meet the definition of power operated equipment

Thanks , :) it's that stupid use of the word MECANICAL in the rules that confuses , who ever wrote them is a real dickhead !

good point out back. havnt looked into hand operated trommels yet. I guess they would be alright if built well..

Would really like to know if any one has bee sprung useing a hand trommel or even howmanny of the guys actuly use one ????

Latest posts