Queensland (Qld) Legislation changes for small prospectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill happily add my name to the list both here and in the miners den if george is happy to host a hard copy for us to come and make a scratch on.
A thought occurs too, perhaps high banker in itself is too specific a term. I would think the local mp would have to have one explained to him, maybe a description like "pump fed sluice" would make things a little clearer?

Just a thought...TGW.

On the flipside, old fields like Dittmer which are not profitable for the big boys because of its proximity to the Great barrier reef and a few other things like lack of water, should be opened to just registered prospectors. It simply isn't feasible for the big company's to touch.

May I ask something. ???
The way I read that is you may use the allowed tools for gathering.
Does not mention on how you may proccess your ore???
Or I have I missed something. 8)

Hello all,

After talking with my local state member he is going to get as much information regarding the on the legislation as he can, Mr. Dempsey, Bundaberg, QLD. ... Jack Dempsey is the Minister for Police, Fire and Emergency Services and the State Member for Bundaberg. He said a e-petition as well as a paper petition would be the best ways to go.

I have asked Nugget for a hand with the wording as well as some photo's to use, we will be working on the exact wording and will let everyone know as soon as possible. Please can you put some Idea's onto this forum because every little bit helps.

So far "all Sluices with the use of water pumps and air/vacuum pumps for dry processing". These will be used for processing the dirt/ore we get by hand(digging).

Cheers.....Paul

Just a thought

Can I suggest putting this in the members section. That way our discussion will stay amongst us. When the petition is good to to, then put in in a public forum.

We all have our own ideas on this and are passionate with out doubt. Why pre-warn anyone on what may be coming down the road.

Especially the big boys who can lobby a lot harder than a bunch of gravel sifters like us.

Anyone have any legal background or know a friend who may be able to run a eye over the final product?

Cheers, Tone

I wouldn't get too specific in the wording of what equipment to include i.e. sluice, highbanker, etc.

I would bring it back to the original intent of the legislation and that was to stop people bringing in a bloody big D9 and ripping up the place without having a mining claim / lease.

I would reword it as follows:

Definition of Heavy Machinery:
Heavy Machinery refers to heavy-duty vehicles, specially designed for executing construction tasks, most frequently ones involving earthwork operations. They are also known as, heavy machines, heavy trucks, construction equipment, engineering equipment, heavy vehicles, or heavy hydraulics. They usually comprise five equipment systems: implement, traction, structure, power train, control and information. Heavy Machinery functions through the mechanical advantage of a simple machine, the ratio between input force applied and force exerted is multiplied. Currently most heavy machinery employ hydraulic drives as a primary source of motion.

Permitted tools and extent of diggings
Hand tools such as picks, shovels, hammers, sieves, shakers, electronic detectors and other traditional hand tools can be used.
No heavy machinery is permitted.

38 Use of heavy machinery etc. prohibited
A person fossicking under a licence must not use heavy machinery to fossick.
Maximum penalty400 penalty units.

Can't make it any clearer than that.

Hi All
"All material being collected for the purposes of fossiking shall be excavated by use of hand tools only" this material can then be processed by way of "Dry Blower", Sluice River Or Sluice feed by water pump, Or "Trommel"
Lee

Just remember people that these laws are for collecting material only, we don't use Highbankers for the collection of materials, how you process it is a different kettle of fish.
This is my understanding.
I agree Lee that the processing side of things should be made clear and simple and not have the jibber jabber of lawyers involved. Use the KISS method.
Its a shame that the Victorians are in the gun sights of the greens. The amount of disturbance to the creeks wouldn't even register on any scale.
They are worried about the frogs and the turtles and the blah blah which is well and good but when you think about how much pollutants go into the creeks from farmers using pesticides, herbicides and other contaminates they all flow into the system, I think they should be worried about the big picture and leave the little people alone.
I think I have ranted enough.
Cheers
And I will certainly sign a petition for the use of bankers in qld.
Brad...

I'm from SA, but I'll sign it. Anything that will give more hope to the fossicker not less will get my signature EVERY time. Make it as big as you can and use what ever forum you can to get the signatures. Even opening it up to other forums to do likewise. politicians are only interested in one thing, - their seat next election so give them the chance to put it right........... and hopefully they will.

Hey guys I remember there's actually a website to.register petitions to and people can digitally sign using their email addresses....look into that?

Im in vic the government is trying the same deal down here a on line petition is the way to go put my name down good luck jb

Latest posts