My proto type home made recirculating sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coyote

Cliff
Reaction score
Proto type done that does need some mods

1401536124_dscn0530.jpg

The hose I bought was rolled up and restricted flow so I will purchase some more PVC pipe and elbows and reduce the hose length.

I have ribbed rubber mat at the top and outdoor carpet below that.

I run some concentrates through and panned off the material that was caught in the sluice, but no gold :( all was -3mm.

Open to comments and thoughts.

Cliff

That clear plastic hose is a PITA. I started out with 3 metres for using at home ended up with white poly it just refuses to conform, continually kinking. Just my 2 specks worth.

I saw this hose today at Bunnings that caught my attention in the section where they sell accessories for fish ponds. It is a black ribbed hose that is flat inside. That should do the job for you and no way it will kink.

Beagleboy said:
I saw this hose today at Bunnings that caught my attention in the section where they sell accessories for fish ponds. It is a black ribbed hose that is flat inside. That should do the job for you and no way it will kink.

Thanks, I may have a look later in the week when I'm in town. But I think PVC pipe for 90% of the distance is the way to go.

I will make the mods maybe tomorrow and post up the results

Cliff

She's looking the goods mate, with the water running from the sides of your outlet pipe keep an eye on how your concentrates form below before heading down the sluice, it its somtimes a good indicator of how a creekbed can act when flowing with water. ;)

Mods done
1401798173_dscf5341.jpg

PVC pipe down the side with a short piece of the 1" rubber hose. Few extra elbows

1401798341_dscf5342.jpg

Cut a slot in the head pipe for better water distribution

1401798415_dscf5344.jpg

No need for the lump of steel on the pump any more.

1401798705_dscf5346.jpg

much better flow.

Next I will ned to get some more riffles in.

Cliff

Latest posts