Whites TDI pro depth modification

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tdi still has emi, don't ever think a very sensitive detector doesn't!

Ben78 said:
Tdi still has emi, don't ever think a very sensitive detector doesn't!

no worry's mate, I thought it must have been ignoring it for you to use it in your front yard.
still it must have been handling it pretty well to be more usable than the other detectors which is a bonus.
regards tm

5000 and a mono coil is unusable in suburbia. The TDI still warbles but the response was great enough to be a "dig here" signal. Make no mistake though, i have never for a second regretted spending the cash on a 5000...

Ben78 said:
Make no mistake though, i have never for a second regretted spending the cash on a 5000...

yep me either, mine has paid for itself so many times over it's not funny.
but I still like to keep my eye out for other detectors that might do one thing great.
I don't care about brand names, just as long as it does the job I'm doing at the time.
even when millsy was the whites importer he still used a gpx when prospecting.
regards tm

been toying with the idea of a light weight PI for a while now maybe the TDI sl, shame garret ATX is so heavy as I'm back to the TDI, whites have got to be releasing something new out soon, I keep wanting to use the GMT.

The GPX5000 can be used as a good coin/relic machine around suburbia. My coil choice would not be a mono coil for this purpose. The very fact that the minelab GP and GPX have Cancel mode (using DD coils) in my opinion makes them a better choice for detecting in suburbia. This the Infinium and whites TDI fail with in around towns. They will warble there guts out. The minelab GP, GPX series with DD coil in cancel mode will purr like a kitten around town. Another feature of the GPX series over the GP series is the ability to invert the signal and adjust gain and stabiliser controls, this is a powerful feature for the coin/relic hunter.

All though the TDI is a good detector for its price range and is a versatile machine. It does not come close to the GPX for Gold hunting or Coin/relic hunting and this includes hunting in and around suburbia. I don,t believe people are unlocking the true potential of their GP and GPX detectors for this purpose.

Ive had my TDI over 12 months now and having fun with it out in the gold fields with some small finds, got down to $$$$ for me and could not justify the GPX 5000 price . All gets down to choice and what you can afford at the time.

Couldn't justify $6000+ for a minelab got the TDI and couldn't be happier. I know I can pay for the TDI then I'll save my finds up for something new, iv got the use of a gpx 5000 when I want it but so far the TDI does what I expect it to. When I use the minelab it does go deeper but not $4000 deeper.

I've found 3 pieces of gold now that the TDI would not have found at all, so that $4000 extra found me $12 more gold so far :D