You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Danmuss
11 April 2014 01:46 pm

Ok so I took advice on buying MS70 to clean my coins and jewelry.. But following the instructions on the bottle - saying just apply to coin leave few seconds then wash off.. Hmmm well this Defo doesn't work.. Has anyone used this and can advise of a more effective better way to clean the contaminations off coins and jewellery?  big_smile

Sa_bogan
11 April 2014 02:12 pm

well i have made  my own electrolysis setup with an old phone charger and just use salt in normal water with steel on the red wire and the coin on the black wire. after about 30 minutes to 1 hour im able to get the tarnish off with rubbing bicarb with my fingers and they come up sweet. and if its really crusty i just leave it in there longer

CTX 3030 - Search Sa_bogan on youtbe and subscribe

Danmuss
11 April 2014 02:44 pm

Hmmm sounds like I'd probably do something wrong and turn it into a home made bomb and blow my hands off lol 
Can you post some pictures of your set up so I can see how it's done?
Thanks smile

Sa_bogan
11 April 2014 03:59 pm

No worries, I'll take a photo when I get home tonight

the duck
11 April 2014 04:08 pm

Silver coins wrap loosely in aluminium foil and drop into  boiling water for 10 minutes then rub with bi carb
Or silver coins in CLR for half an hour and then rub with bi carb
Copper coins in olive oil but this takes a long time and electrolysis may be better

Warning if it is a key date coin take it to a professional as cleaning them can devalue a coin up to 90 per cent depending on how you clean it

Detectors owned and used Compass, Whites, Garret ground hog,Ace 250, Ace 350, AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro lobo, Fischer Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cortes, Minelab GPX 4000 and 4500, Minelab Etrac

Sa_bogan
12 April 2014 09:58 am

this is were i got the idea from
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/clean … xpect.html

if you look it up on youtube there are videos on how you can make one, thats were i got the idea and know how to make my own. sorry but i finished late last night and started work early this morning

Danmuss
13 April 2014 09:15 am

Sa_bogan wrote:

this is were i got the idea from
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/clean … xpect.html

if you look it up on youtube there are videos on how you can make one, thats were i got the idea and know how to make my own. sorry but i finished late last night and started work early this morning

yeh thanks mate, I watched it and understand now how it works  now .. should be a easy build, il buy some crimps and make one and see how it goes..thanks for the help