Garrett Pinpointer Pro Pointer information, tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will act like it is faulty it won't do the second been won't detected and just really annoy you ,use a good quality battery I usually get 10 to 15 hours :)

It'll start falsing even when it's nowhere near a metal object, you also notice a significant decrease in it's detection reach. As mentioned above you should get 10-15 hours out of a quality battery, but it pays to carry a spare just in case.

I was just mentioning part of that very subject today on theNew on Market...Whites PinPointer !! post.
If you care to take a look there it will save me repeating, I'm not sure how to do that link thing that nugget does(that'd be easy).
I'm pretty sure mine was beeping on me one time, but I usually change my batteries as soon as I feel its beeping when not near a target yet. Always carry a spare 9v as they are too useful go without(reduced target recovery time)

Hey Ramjet
that is a very informative vid. Now that I have seen it I may just have to convince the Chief of Finance to let me have some of my hard earned cash to get one. Wish me Luck hahahaha! ;)
Cheers
Mackka

Ok so I found this video and its pretty cool on how it helps your pinpointer gain some more depth.. Im going to try it out :cool:

Yeh I tried it buy my pro pointer is faulty so it didn't work to well, I got a little water in it and it hasn't worked properly since !!

I can say that it definitely works...and quite well.

I just slide the my little garden spade forward until it registers, backward until it stops, and bingo, detects a little deeper.

Is Garrett pro pinpoint detector (handheld) usefull in the field, or just an expensive gimmick?
Fisher f75 SE, what would be the best coil for this machine for small (smaller than 0.5 gram) nuggets detection.I have got 11" and 5" coils. Sould I buy something else? Thanks

Garrett Pro-Pointer's are used for pinpointing / narrowing down a target's position once you've already located it with a ground search detector. It saves you having to dig a hole the full diameter of the detectors coil to retrieve a target the size of a 5 cent piece. So to answer your Pro-Pointer question, no they're not an expensive gimmick and are definitely worth the outlay.

Hopefully someone who knows the Fisher F75 SE will be able to answer the second part of your question.

Cheers,
Nugget

Thanks Nugget. I managed to find in specs that it is submersible, Could not find the depth (underwater) it can handle

Cheers, draco

I would suggest that you do not even get the LED wet...

Every one I see has burn marks/corrosion on the board around the LED..

The great thing about the Deteknix X-pointer is that it will let you know when the Battery is going flat... And I always check before leaving the house.

Always carry a spare or two and always try to stick to the same brand/model...

Some 9V batteries can be up to 2mm longer and wider etc Thus a long one and you can crush the pad in the cap and also over compress the battery contacts... Then you put in a standard Battery and at 2mm shorter; you get less tension and with movement can get all sorts of problems..

I also use a double pad in the battery compartment as that helps to fully secure the battery.

As I have stated in some other posts... The 9v battery is not standard in size and can vary by at least 2mm

Garrett / ML Pro Find and a number of others will all suffer from Falsing due to the way the cables are fixed and attached to the cct board. Some may work better than others, but shocks and time will cause the problem to happen... The Deteknix X-pointer appears to be some what better, but only time will tell.

Just like computer HDD failures; it is a matter of when, not if.

Latest posts