NAPFA General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richo966 said:
well done on getting them to listen I will not hold my breath on them doing any thing I have experience dealing with the state government and it is not positive so far hope for the best :)

its easy to form beliefs that govt will **** up everything they touch based on past performance , however if they are letting shooters in there now to blast lead at anything that moves then who knows ........

fingers crossed that someone will see it as being a good healthy outdoors hobby that can utilise the national parks rather than having 99.9999 % of the bush never seen by any human being and the remaining 0.0001 % being witnessed by a dozen bushwalkers each month.

tell me one thing that the state government have done right I can give list of things they have stuffed up do you no why most places are of limits not for the environment but to prevent prospecting in the first place they think no one will get job and pay taxes that is the real reason never listen to the crap they tell you they could not lie straight in bed :)

richo966 said:
tell me one thing that the state government have done right I can give list of things they have stuffed up do you no why most places are of limits not for the environment but to prevent prospecting in the first place they think no one will get job and pay taxes that is the real reason never listen to the crap they tell you they could not lie straight in bed :)

sure many of them couldnt lie straight in bed . however the optimist in me would prefer to look for a solution.

Perhaps a device with rope tied to their feet at one end and another rope attached to their head could be used to apply pressure to literally force them to lie straight in bed simply via the load applied in either direction.

Some experimentation might be required to obtain the correct load , however you could start around 1000 kg per head and work backwards from that figure until you have just the right number of competant politicians in the chair ( or the bed as might be the case )

food for thought .

for every problem we have there must be a solution ? :D

i like the optimist in you mate money talks to them nothing else matters if they think they can make some money that will work nothing else works on them they have no heart ;)

Also got a gut feeling that there would be a foreign entity looking to invest in most of the mineral bearing country that
we are not allowed in.

Tathradj said:
I bet they are waiting to see how this goes as a test then apply a tighter legislation.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=63347#p63347

come on mate lets throw some optimism around , who knows some of it might stick to the walls and pretty the place up. :D

for all we know there might be a public servant somewhere who can see the sense in it , they might be sitting bored in their chair with nothing meaningful to do thinking " I want to break free..... " and do something new and revolutionary like thinking for themselves .

keep the faith bud :p

thinking for themselves sounds dangerous I am sure there is legislation banning that :lol:

SCA,
State Conservation Area.
An area managed by the National Parks NSW that has significant mineral values;mining is permitted with the appropriate permission but amateur prospecting is not allowed.
NAPFA is currently working with various government departments to reverse this situation, Copeland via Gloucester is a good example of an old goldfield where we are not allowed to prospect, it's an SCA.
Cheers, SinHof.

how is it conservation when some one can mine the hole place and never return it to close what it was and we cant dig small hole and fill it in :eek:

any members here planning to go to the NAPFA AGM at Hill End on Sunday April 6 ??

9.00 am , Glendora Caravan Park , Hill End

I have joined NAPFA to support those lobbying on our behalf for better access to new prospecting areas and defence of our rights to engage freely in prospecting in an ethical and environmentally acceptable manner.

hopefully they prosper and open some doorways into govt departments for maintaining our current fossicking opportunities ( or improving them )

I have no idea if i will be there yet due to the on call nature of my current work commitments but its in my diary just in case

Thanks for joining mate, and hopefully you can make it to Hill End. Just look for the NAPFA flag to track us down.

For the benefit of others...

NAPFA is making good progress and there is a lot of effort going into it. We need to have as many people join as possible to give us credibility in front of the authorities.

If you are a young person -- this is chance to invest in your fossicking future. If you are an older person, who has had some of the good times, its is a chance for you to improve the legacy you leave for future generations.

MORE INFORMATION?? Check out the Q & A in the NAPFA section.

Good digging!

Stephen
President
NAPFA

Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if any forum members are heading out to Hill End for the weekend get-together; Should be a great weekend in an equally great location.
Recent rain in that part of the world should favour the wet prospectors, the creek should have plenty of water and there is countless hectares for the metal detectorists to play on.
If anyone is interested the center of activity will be at the Glendora camp grounds on Lees lane/ Anderson road; great location, step outside the boundary fence and start prospecting.
Cheers, SinHof.

Say Hi to Stephen & Wendy at the pub please, and ask them whens the next Pool comp between Sofala & Hill End. I haven't been invited yet.......helped win the 1st one for Hill End@!

NAPFA provided comprehensive comments last month to the NSW Crown Lands Legislation White Paper about matters that are of concern to our members and indeed all fossickers in NSW.

The White Paper sets out a range of intended changes in the way that Crown Land is managed in NSW.

By way of background, Crown Land in NSW covers 33 million hectares or 42 per cent of the state. It does not include national parks and state forests. Around 30 million hectares is in the Western Division of NSW which incorporates around 6,500 Western Lands Leases. Town Commons are also included.

The changes seek to simplify the management of Crown Land in NSW and to make sure that a modernised approach to Crown Lands continue to benefit the people of NSW.

However, NAPFA identified a number of important risks which included:

additional ownership rights to Western Lease holders which could make access by fossickers to these areas even more difficult than at present;

potential to get rid of Town Commons which could have a detrimental impact on access in places like Hill End, Tibooburra and Stuart Town just to name a few;

more involvement by local councils who could act parochially and limit access.

Our 10 page submission went into detail about these matters, and highlighted some of the potential economic benefits for regional areas from fossicking tourism.

At some point the NSW government will make all the submissions public, at which time we will provide NAPFA members with a link to our full submission.

It was pleasing that a number of other fossickers, including some from PA as I understand it, put in individual submissions to let the powers that be know how people feel.

Stay tuned.

If you are not yet a member of NAPFA please consider getting behind us. Details on our website www.napfa.net

Cheers

stephen
President
NAPFA

joined the New South Walesmen fight today, "hear hear" :)
1407139493_001-optimized.jpg

Great work mate, I recently became a member myself after finally getting around to doing it.

Latest posts