The Complete Unabridged Zip Zip book by Larry Sallee - GMT/Goldmaster

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are spot on, a timely reminder that sometimes it's best to curb our enthusiasm.. end of topic for me.. No further mentions of pdf scans.

Anyway the book is back up on e-bay world wide for starting price of $150

listed title as "THE COMPLETE UNABRIDGED ZIP ZIP by Larry Sallee Metal Detector" under books

For the life of me I can't work out why anyone would need to spend that kind of money on that book, The MXT and the GMT are two of the most simple machines ever made, I read the MXT Edge from cover to cover a few times and did not learn anything that I had not discovered in the first 4 weeks, People need to avoid sellers like that because that book is not worth it.

I did paid over $200.00 for the book and over $200.00 for gold maps of the state I live in. I take the book out with me when prospecting for gold in the Colorado Mountains. My first gold nugget paid for the book. That was four years ago and the book was helpful. Lots of tricks of the trade well-read and learned. The gold maps are helpful too.

By the way the e-bay page has images of about 20 or more pages of the book for reading if you are not interested in buying it.

kfstevens2370 said:
I did paid over $200.00 for the book and over $200.00 for gold maps of the state I live in. I take the book out with me when prospecting for gold in the Colorado Mountains. My first gold nugget paid for the book. That was four years ago and the book was helpful. Lots of tricks of the trade well-read and learned. The gold maps are helpful too.

The MXT Edge is an excellent technical manual but does not compare to The Complete Unabridged Zip Zip, two very different books. I know since I have both. Larry Sallee does an excellent job on how to run a
1518251740_img_0859.jpg
GMT for prospecting, again look at the index. I've been swinging machines since the early eighties and this book is probably one of the best 'how to' prospect with a metal detector books written. Perfect no, but for the original asking price of $25 it was a bargain.. Highly recommended... for any VLF user, even PI users. Particularly MXT and GMT users.. The author did work for White's and sell their machines etc.. but his reputation and record speak for themselves.

If you want a copy to 'loan' then send me your snail mail address and details via PM. You will not regret it.

All the best,

Karelian

Seriously, The MXT Edge is not much help in the real world of detecting, Like I said I read that book a few times and found nothing useful in it, There is not one word in that book that was useful to me out in the field, There are only 2 things that I would not recommend related to the MXT, One is the 14x7 coil and the other is that book, I would urge folks to not buy this book, There are a couple of general knowledge bits in there that can show you expected ground depth and some average stuff about coils but even that is very limited, People should be aware that this book does not contain "any" magic settings or how too's, So save your money for buying coils and accessories etc.

That's a very generous offer Karelian, good to see there is still selfless persons around. :Y:

karelian65 said:
The MXT Edge is an excellent technical manual but does not compare to The Complete Unabridged Zip Zip, two very different books. I know since I have both. Larry Sallee does an excellent job on how to run ahttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/9224/1518251740_img_0859.jpg GMT for prospecting, again look at the index. I've been swinging machines since the early eighties and this book is probably one of the best 'how to' prospect with a metal detector books written. Perfect no, but for the original asking price of $25 it was a bargain.. Highly recommended... for any VLF user, even PI users. Particularly MXT and GMT users.. The author did work for White's and sell their machines etc.. but his reputation and record speak for themselves.

If you want a copy to 'loan' then send me your snail mail address and details via PM. You will not regret it.

All the best,

Karelian

Hi Karelian65

So what book is best in your opinion for the MXT? Im not interested in all the technical talk though more on the stuff that an average person can understand and put into practice.

Cheers thanks for your time and help

The MXT Edge by Jeff Foster is a very technical manual with little value in the field. An MXT user would be better served by just visiting Findmall in the MXT section. Other online forums like this also exists. General metal detecting books are useful but no text other than Jeff Foster's is specific for the MXT.. If prospecting then the Complete Unabridged Zip Zip is superb for MXT and GMT users. In prospecting mode the MXT mimics the GMT except for frequency, but the MXT is smoother in Australia than the GMT in my personal opinion. There are guides to prospecting with an MXT online and other resources, a book might not be the answer, as Ridge Runner correctly points out 'The MXT Edge' is not a field manual.

I've included a photograph of books that I rate highly and offer 'general insight' into metal detecting.
1518489032_books.jpg

These books are all interesting and well written and point us into the right direction, experience as always is key.

Hope this has been useful.

All the best,
Karelian

dirtdiggin said:
So what book is best in your opinion for the MXT? Im not interested in all the technical talk though more on the stuff that an average person can understand and put into practice.

Cheers thanks for your time and help

I have written dozens of threads/post on how to use the MXT out in the field so to speak, It is not a hard machine to learn and very easy to get up and running, It responds very well to different coils and it is a Gold Magnet when used correctly.

If you need help just call. :Y:

kfstevens2370 said:
Sorry David it was a US posting not AUD posting. I am not allowed to post links for some reaon or I would have given you the link. Can you shot me an email? I'll send you my copy to read.

I would like a copy too, can you make it possible ?

karelian65 said:
Since I have two copies I don't mind lending one out, you need to send me a Pm if you are interested. ;)
No private details on the open forum PLSE.

Randy from CA and help would be great! Thanks in advance!

It's been uploaded to Internet Archive site here> archive.org
search for> title:(The Complete Unabridged Zip Zip)

Ken

Latest posts