Make your own maps with Getlost maps and GeoVic and free software.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day people, I've spent a weekend working out how to make my own maps for Avenza on my phone and I'm happy with the results.
So I made a tutorial and it's a lot harder making a youtube tutorial then making your own custom maps, so I hope you can follow it.
due to licenses we can't share the edited maps but I can't see why you can't learn how to make your own.

After reading/learning from other peoples post I hope this is a worthy contribution.

Read the Description below the video first...cheers

I can't post a link yet so copy and paste the below line into youtube search and it should be the first video.

Geovic + Getlost.map + QGIS = Great free gold maps for Avenza on phone

thanks jake, grub
I updated the video description with a link to this page and also a link to a merged file of shallow working for all of Vic...."lyr_shalwk100_polygon.kml"
I'll merge a few more shallow file sets but I'm not sure if they are of any use yet for metal detecting or panning which is all I do.

how to merge kml files in QGIS...
Menu bar, click... Vector....Data Management Tools....Merge Vector Layers
then follow your nose, add input files, make temp file, right click the merged layer to export.

happy to answer any questions.

just looking at,
"lyr_shalwk100_polygon.kml"
and
"lyr_shalld100_polygon.kml"

they look like the should be grouped together, wk = workings and d = diggings
happy to be corrected.

Latest posts