WalnLiz Gemstone and gold fossicking videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Wal
Unfortunately I don't have any of those stones. I left it and my other interesting things in old country. It most likely finished in the rubbish bin after my mum died.
The closest colour description would be pink, but it is not quite right. I'm convinced that it was variety of zircon as it reflected light very strongly. Seeing them together with garnets in the pan they looked like spots of pinkish light. Obviously they are not found here in Australia otherwise you would know them.
Karl

They sound very much like a variety of garnet we get near Clon Curry in Qld. They're called Fullarton River garnets and sound very similar to your description. I will take a pic of some we have from our last trip and post them. Let me know if they look similar.

Cheers Wal.

Jagged a small section the old timers missed or didn't bother about. Tested about another 8 metres of the same wash with encouraging results....so probably no guess where we will be this weekend, ;)

Cheers Wal.

Great little vid there Wal n Liz, great explanation by Liz on what she was looking at through the lens, great way for the newbies and old hands alike to see what the devil we are supposed to be looking for! Keep up the good work

Cheers, Tone

Well done Wal and Liz :) definitely going back :D 4g in few hours = excellent outcome. Love your commentary Liz :D

mad Mike said:
Has anyone got a gps tracking dart I can borrow?
Well done wal and liz

just borrow mine ?

I have been tracking those critters for years to all their best spots

my tracker is the old fashioned type though , none of those fancy high tech gadgets for me

whats wrong with a 30 foot long rope tied to their towbar anyway ? sure i get a few bruises on my asss but they buff out

:cool:

HeadsUp said:
mad Mike said:
Well done wal and liz

just borrow mine ?

my tracker is the old fashioned type though , none of those fancy high tech gadgets for me

whats wrong with a 30 foot long rope tied to their towbar anyway ? sure i get a few bruises on my asss but they buff out

Damn it mate....so that's what all those chafed bits of rope were dangling off my tow ball. :eek: I'll make sure to slow down a bit more on the next trip to make the ride more comfortable. :D

WalnLiz said:
HeadsUp said:
mad Mike said:
Well done wal and liz

just borrow mine ?

Damn it mate....so that's what all those chafed bits of rope were dangling off my tow ball. :eek: I'll make sure to slow down a bit more on the next trip to make the ride more comfortable. :D

thanks Wal . least you can do i reckon considering how much work i put in to grading the road with my buttt to give you a better trip on the way back

notice how wide i swing on those fast corners ? gee those gum trees make a good loud thud when you hit them. 8.(

Dozer said:
Another great video and result Wal and Liz. It gives us novices hope.

What you on about Dozer :eek: .....you're a well seasoned operator on a dynamic team. Much to be learned from you and the "M". :cool:

Cheers Wal.

WalnLiz said:
Dozer said:
Another great video and result Wal and Liz. It gives us novices hope.

What you on about Dozer :eek: .....you're a well seasoned operator on a dynamic team. Much to be learned from you and the "M". :cool:

Cheers Wal.

Thanks for the compliment Wal but I still have a lot to learn from the pros... :)

I have fine tuned my high banker, found an area with good show in the pan (not as good as yours) and this weekend we are camping on the spot so we can wash dirt.
Time to test Wals highbanker design on some NT dirt.
I am hesitant to post before I do a trip but we are quietly confident on this one.
Our goal is 15grams....which probably means we will get 2.
Actually I would be stoked with 2.
Nice video Wal and thanks again for the build info.

Latest posts