Arno security cameras

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigL said:
davsgold said:
yep we have been there and done that, same as what you have found the batteries go flat in no time.

We ended up ditching those and got these.

They still have batteries but also a small solar panel and they have never gone flat even in cloudy weather, and have had then for a couple of years now. front and back of house.

Can control from mobile phone and view video footage while away camping etc, they work very well.

https://www.secureyourworld.com.au/...47bMlEe40VqDJXGD53yEmBK8V71aErysaApaHEALw_wcB

these Argus seem pretty good, think I'll grab a few. Currently using hunting infrared cameras which do the trick but they don't have the remote visual ability.

Just one question, whats the cost for the sim card per month for say 2 or 3 cameras?

Ours don't run from a sim card, there WiFi from the NBN modem which is on an unlimited data, it runs the cameras the laptops and netflix and Kayosport etc, all run on the same NBN modem.

The cameras do have a SD card in each to record stuff onto so you can scroll back through and have a look at whatever you want.

cheers dave

I'm a bit late to the party, but just spotted this thread and its an area I'm a bit of an expert in.
NightJar said:
the batteries are supposed to last up to 6 months before a recharge, they lasted three days
It depends on how often an "event" happens. When something comes past, they "wake up", try and figure out what it is, and possibly send an alert. In areas where there is lots of action, like people coming past or cars going past. They have to do this much more. From what I recall, Arlo says something like 12 events is an average they base their battery life off. If your cameras can see a road they might be seeing hundreds of events, draining the battery very fast.
Alternatively, could just be a faulty battery from the factory.

Simmo said:
I am going to add a 2k camera in a strategic position to capture close up detail if required.
The 1080p is good, but not 'that' good.
In cameras, there is something known as the DORI distance. Detection, Observe, Recognise, Identify. What that means are the distances you can do each.
In your picture, you can easily Observe that people and cars are there, MAYBE even recognise who the person is IF you already know them, based on their haircut, clothes etc.
But at this distance, you cant Identify someone if you dont know them. Like, if some random approached to break in, you wont have enough detail to describe them.
A 2K camera will help, but usually its about the field of view. Ring/Arlo/Eufy have a field of view of about 114 degrees (2.8mm lens). This means their identify distance is about 9 metres.
Which leaves you two options, move one of those battery cameras within 9 metres, and ideally a bit lower (9ft is optimal) since they can be defeated with a baseball cap if they are too high.
OR, go a proper wired system (Dahua/Hikvision etc) with a tighter field of view. So 6mm lens or so which is about 40 degrees. Then you'll be able to identify faces at that distance.

Nightjar said:
Didn't record me driving out or back into garage but it did record me walking to letterbox?
These wireless/battery cameras use PIR sensors (like those old 80's security system motion detectors), and while the camera can SEE off into the distance, their PIR detection range is about 10 metres, and it angles down from the camera at about 30 degrees. So if its mounted to high it wont detect well, OR angled too much down its detection range will be shortened.
Lastly, they detect better when the object is going side to side, rather than straight at the camera. Just how the technology works, so if you can, mount it where someone would be moving left/right in its field of view.

Thanks for the info Bryce.
The Arlo Ultra2 we have has a range of 120 to 180.
After hours of fiddling and with help from Arlo the cameras are now set up perfectly.
Have the front camera set for vehicle and person movement and the rear for persons only. (No vehicle access.)
Once the solar panels arrive there will no longer be a need to remove cameras for battery charge.
The captures are saved in a library and are very clear when replayed.
Was 50kms away from home yesterday and was able to access the library on my phone and check whether a parcel we were waiting on was delivered.
Vehicle, number plate and driver placing parcel in nominated hide away, very clear replay.

Latest posts