GPX6000 Vs SDC2300 Sensitivity Test.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched this video posted by Petes Gold Adventures (no not me) and thought it was pretty good to show the 6000 strengths.
I asked Pete how much the SDC found and he said 27 lead shot and 1 gold @ .2g
Anyways here's the video which I though was a good unbias thoughts from a 4500 user.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/gu1L3boAZQs[/video]

Bjay said:
Ill just wait while the 6000 brigade pick up all the lead shot. Then Ill clean the place with my old 5000. :D :p

and I'll be right behind you with my trusty 4500

I've found bits the size of a ball point pen tip using the 11" ML mono. I use to own an SDC and think it would have also pinged it and probably give a broader signal at that, but the 4500 aint no slouch with the right coil and settings. I've a Sadie coil a mate gave me to try, that should put me ever closer to the same performance as a SDC

ProspectorPete said:
I just watched this video posted by Petes Gold Adventures (no not me) and thought it was pretty good to show the 6000 strengths.
I asked Pete how much the SDC found and he said 27 lead shot and 1 gold @ .2g

Yeah it's a great demo and as he indicated he'd been over the area with a range of different coils/detectors ...... BUT you'll never convince the "My 27" Extra Super Special Mind Blowing X Coil picked up stuff smaller than that at 18 inches" brigade.

limpalot said:
Bjay said:
Ill just wait while the 6000 brigade pick up all the lead shot. Then Ill clean the place with my old 5000. :D :p

Can I go over your old spots, just to be shore, to be shore. :Y: :beer:

limpalot said:
Bjay said:

Can I go over your old spots, just to be shore, to be shore. :Y: :beer:
Be happy to oblige John. Be interesting to see how much Ive missed as Im sure thered be some.

What is the Maxium depth the SDC 2300 have found Gold of any size Standard Coil.
that is an impossible question to answer, for several reasons, and its a question that people ask frequently about all metal detectors.
Short answer is it depends on the size of the target.
For example, depending on what the soil type is, and what the atmospheric conditions are, how close you might be to electronic interference, the size and shape of the target etc etc....., sorry but there is NO answer to what is the maximum depth question.

An old thread but I thought I would add to it...

The answer I always give to the inevitable Max Depth question is

" Your detector will see a target further in the air than in the ground and a bigger target further than a smaller one so next time you go detecting point your detector at your car and see how far way you can find it !! Realistically, under no circumstances will it ever find anything further way than that."

Most detectors with a medium coil wont see a whole bloody car at more than a couple of meters away or detect a beer can at more than a metre !!

Most beginners are horrified to be waving their detector at their car with nothing happening but at least they get an appreciation of their machines limitations.

As far as SDC2300 goes, I cant get mine to see a beer can buried any more than 550mm deep with stock coil or 600mm deep with 14x9 so that is getting very close to its real max depth. I have also found 1/2oz at 400mm. GPX6000 with 11" coil goes 650mm on beer can and the 10x5 goes 575mm.

Last edited:
An old thread but I thought I would add to it...

The answer I always give to the inevitable Max Depth question is

" Your detector will see a target further in the air than in the ground and a bigger target further than a smaller one so next time you go detecting point your detector at your car and see how far way you can find it !! Realistically, under no circumstances will it ever find anything further way than that."

Most detectors with a medium coil wont see a whole bloody car at more than a couple of meters away or detect a beer can at more than a metre !!

Most beginners are horrified to be waving their detector at their car with nothing happening but at least they get an appreciation of their machines limitations.

As far as SDC2300 goes, I cant get mine to see a beer can buried any more than 550mm deep with stock coil or 600mm deep with 14x9 so that is getting very close to its real max depth. I have also found 1/2oz at 400mm. GPX6000 with 11" coil goes 650mm on beer can and the 10x5 goes 575mm.
Best answer I have ever read on this subject.

Best answer I have ever read on this subject.
That's pretty helpful. I will add my experience. I found a 9g nugget and 8 gram specie with the 2300. Went over that ground several more times with the 2300. Once I got the 6000 that was the first place I went to. Found a 13g the 2300 didn't make a peep on. It was at ~350mm. Loving the 6k. It consistently finds bits I missed with the 2300.

Attachments

• Bob 2.JPG
    Bob 2.JPG
    276.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts