Mogo area N.S.W. information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AndiCrew said:
i think you need to take more equipment for this trip otherwise BEST OF LUCK :Y: :Y:

:8 WTF, Really tell me why. You seem to be a one sentence bandit imo. Okay I'll tell you why 1st, because none of your posts have any intelligence with respect to prospecting. You've chosen to build your post count on the virtue of someone's passing :mad: I'm definitely not convinced you belong here :beer:

Hi guys,

I‘m planning to have a bit of a pan and a swing with the GM1000 next week some time in Mogo. In fact, it will be the first real chance I’ve had to try out the GM1000. I’m doing a bit of research to see where I can have a look. Anyone got any tips to point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance.

In the creek is a good place to look of course, I would suggest further upstream - but don't rule out feeder gullies or up above the banks.

Thanks Goldpin! I ended up having a play in the creek, right at (what seemed to be) the main entry to where people go, about a kilometre from the Princes Hwy turn off.

Ended up doing reasonably well with not too much effort. Probably from what has been washed down from further up due to all the rain we’ve had. Everything I found was right near the surface. Deepest I would have gone was about 20cm from the surface. But I was there from my first pan on arrival.

Actually got it’s big brother a few days before at Detect’a Den in Batemans Bay. It was a great reference for finding my way around in Mogo. :cool:

A7E7D1A6-EF49-429F-989E-9EDC0F1FB45A.jpeg

Agreed. All I needed was a pan and a little scooper and could have even done without the scooper.

Anyone been Mogo/Batemans Bay recently? gave it a crack with detector but wow the undergrowth is crazy thick. was wondering if East of the highway had any areas that are more open to swing a coil.

Anyone been Mogo/Batemans Bay recently? gave it a crack with detector but wow the undergrowth is crazy thick. was wondering if East of the highway had any areas that are more open to swing a coil.
I tried the eastern side last year as well as north of the river. It's seriously thick undergrowth. Lots of Hop bush, Dodda and in the "drier" areas Tea tree. The creek lines are probably the best bet with some waders until it dries out a bit.

Latest posts