Telly show on meteorite hunting in Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jup

Reaction score
Hi there
I am developing a show on meteorite hunting in Australia and am very interested to speak to anyone who loves the search (whether it's primarily for meteorites, primarily for gold or primarily for gems) and has picked up a meteorite or two in doing so! Get in touch with me for a quick chat. Cheers!

G'day Jup welcome to PA, sounds interesting tell us a bit more about yourself. Where are you from, experience etc, I doubt anyone will just give up their X spot on the map so to speak. All the best with your adventures :beer:

Back about 10 12 years ago there was a meteorite hunter show on Discovery channel so I took advantage & made T-shirts & a Meteorite hunting stick , I sold over 50 sets until the show went off the air.
1644605340_dscf1673.jpg

1644605408_dscf1434.jpg

G'Day Jup

I have been to a few and ride my WR450 around to find gr8 places to swing, this is the weirdest - https://www.exploroz.com/places/78247/sa+crawford-meteorite-impact-crater

For a few reasons

- SA Gov has locked up parts of the 'crater' with forestry
- Hugh quartz veins on the top
- Unlike most others craters, large parts of this 'crater' are missing, maybe due to shallow angle ?

Add to that the closest town has an active bank robber and the place is really x-files :)

jup said:
primarily for gems

A number of these have been found around and on top, the hard carbon type

Latest posts