Minelab Gold Monster 1000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil8303 said:
Goldfield Joe said:
Jimmy, on Mullocks the GM is very capable. I have only had mine a month and have found all my gold on the mullocks. To be fair I have been deliberately targeting mullocks only. I have had a go on open ground and runs of shallow diggings but the GM appears to shine on Mullocks with white clay. You can really crank the sensitivity. It can be extremely noisy in other settings with river wash and pebbles etc. At least you have found colour and it won't be your last piece by a long shot, happy swinging!

Phil, I reckon it's the stones and pebbles for sure, I have operated my GM over water puddles and no issue.

Cheers GJ! You are right, mate. Definitely the stones and pebbles making it freak out. I did the hard reset, flicked it over to gold pinpoint only, but with sensitivity on 10 still (as I'm convinced it is better than any auto setting) and went back over a pile about half a foot under the water. This time, going extremely slowly, it was pinging on one particular rock. Came up with this bit of treasure. The GM is an awesome bit of kit! :Y: :Y:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/21490/1629976388_20210825_214020.jpg

Interesting to hear Phil, I haven't tried that setting yet. I have just been using all metal mode. I will definitely try it next time I head out. Is that rock a specie?

Goldfield Joe said:
Phil8303 said:
Goldfield Joe said:
Jimmy, on Mullocks the GM is very capable. I have only had mine a month and have found all my gold on the mullocks. To be fair I have been deliberately targeting mullocks only. I have had a go on open ground and runs of shallow diggings but the GM appears to shine on Mullocks with white clay. You can really crank the sensitivity. It can be extremely noisy in other settings with river wash and pebbles etc. At least you have found colour and it won't be your last piece by a long shot, happy swinging!

Phil, I reckon it's the stones and pebbles for sure, I have operated my GM over water puddles and no issue.

Cheers GJ! You are right, mate. Definitely the stones and pebbles making it freak out. I did the hard reset, flicked it over to gold pinpoint only, but with sensitivity on 10 still (as I'm convinced it is better than any auto setting) and went back over a pile about half a foot under the water. This time, going extremely slowly, it was pinging on one particular rock. Came up with this bit of treasure. The GM is an awesome bit of kit! :Y: :Y:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/21490/1629976388_20210825_214020.jpg

Interesting to hear Phil, I haven't tried that setting yet. I have just been using all metal mode. I will definitely try it next time I head out. Is that rock a specie?

Yeh, it has some gold and silver in it. Was covered in mud on the metal side, so I was convinced it was just a rock, but my rule is if its pinging take it home and take a closer look.

Hi)
Do you guys use a GM 1000 made in Malaysia or Australia?
Minelab now manufactures all products in Malaysia.
I do not know what this quality is from Malaysia.
Previously, the GM 1000 was produced in Australia, and people write the quality was better.
I dont know well, can you explain? :beer: :beer:

:) :beer:
grubstake said:
Minelab has been manufacturing its consumer products in Malaysia for more than a decade, so I seriously doubt that any GM1000s were ever built here in Australia.

Hi guys)
Another question on the agenda)
How long is the GM 1000 after the warranty period able to work?
Are there those who often use this device for more than 5 years without serious repairs?
Thanks in advance for the help, beer from me :beer: :) :beer:

GoldenMan said:
Hi guys)
Another question on the agenda)
How long is the GM 1000 after the warranty period able to work?
Are there those who often use this device for more than 5 years without serious repairs?
Thanks in advance for the help, beer from me :beer: :) :beer:

They have only been out since 2017, but maybe someone who has consistently used it for 4 years could share feedback?

Goldfield Joe said:

Big thanks for the advice Joe!! Been an arduous few weeks hunting around all kinds of old workings looking for good white clay heaps finding all sorts of lead and so on but my partner and I finally found some of the mullok we were really after and after a couple of days of really focusing on the spot, we found a nice little picker :)

It's definitely much easier targeting the white mullok with the GM as a beginner. The first step I think is to really hear a target where it sits and the clay mullok provides the nice quiet ground to learn on. Bloody hard to learn 1 sound amongst iron jibberish when strictly speaking, you don't know what the sound even is yet! It's not impossible but I think its gotta be hard... The look we gave each other after the first scrape was priceless haha such a sweet tone, different, but we both knew it was a special sound still with half an inch to dig as it turned out. Again, cheers Joe!!
1631094957_20210908_174325_copy_1308x1745.jpg

Florcole54 said:
This might be a stupid question, but can you use the GM1000 for coin detecting?
I find all sorts of stuff with mine so dont see why not.
Just no good on beach tho Im told. Something about the salt sends them a bit bonkers.

Thank you
Ag Man said:
Florcole54 said:
This might be a stupid question, but can you use the GM1000 for coin detecting?
I find all sorts of stuff with mine so dont see why not.
Just no good on beach tho Im told. Something about the salt sends them a bit bonkers.

Hi Guys ;)
Maybe someone can help with the answer)

Can the Gold Monster 1000 work on a wet rocky river, where there are a lot of hot stones with metal inside, or the device will go crazy there, it will be possible to distinguish a nugget from such stones with an admixture of metal?

With best regards :beer: ;) :beer:

It could go off its chops. Turn it down, groundballance until it settles hopefully.
If the signal goes just left, Id leave it. If it goes left right, then Id chase it. Could be gold in ironstone or near it

Ag Man said:
It could go off its chops. Turn it down, groundballance until it settles hopefully.
If the signal goes just left, Id leave it. If it goes left right, then Id chase it. Could be gold in ironstone or near it
thanks comrade :fistpump:
Do you also use the GPZ 7000?

GoldenMan said:
thanks comrade :fistpump:
Do you also use the GPZ 7000?

No mate.
The monster is a great machine for gold but Im not near detectable goldfields so tomorrow Im going to swap my monster for an Equinox 800 & start shooting for coins.
Its got a gold setting but thats not why Im getting it.
Ill continue to get my gold fix by panning, sluicing & sniping :perfect: :pickshovel: :goldpan:

Just brought the Gm1000 thinking Minelab only makes the best pulse induction machines , wish it said VLF on the box , but anyways so far found lead , old tin can pull tabs , an a copper nugget anything non ferrous that beeps I dig an then I go back to all metal mode to hear it better switching between the two as I dig , Ive also dug. Up hot rocks that indicated gold but it's just rusty crusty on the outside, I recommend getting a nice test piece, hope this helps

Attachments

• 1647419943254512567796740755206.jpg
    1647419943254512567796740755206.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts